HOexplorer
Well-Known Member
Thanks guys. If that old man was me I would have put an elevator in. Jim
None of us have ever seen perfectly clear, static, non-rippled water in real life I'm thinking.
Mike, That's a good one! How long did that take you to find? I've actually climbed the white mountain in the background. It may be Mt. Victoria I'm not sure anymore. So long ago now. I'm still going to keep using ripples. Jim![]()
Devin thank you. A word about Caspia trees. I think after you get satisfied with making these that my best advice is to stop making them. With time, 4-5 months, I've noticed that the branches get pretty brittle and it takes only an elbow reaching on to the layout to break a branch. I think you should find a piece of hard foam, makes some holes and plant your trees for now. Put them where they will NOT be bothered and work on the layout.
I've never used Caspia before, but what I read gave no hint that these tend to dry out. Living in Santee is much drier than where you live I think and that may have something to do with it. I read somewhere, that if you dip your dried plants (Caspia, Super Trees, etc.) in glycerin and hang them out to dry that they will stay fresh. I've never done it, but I wish I had done now. You may want to check that out or maybe someone will fill us in here. Jim![]()
