Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Awww! Jim! How could you, I'll have to get up at (or stay up till) 2:00 AM Monday morning to get a shot at this. Awwwww. (have to see if there's any good late night movies on TV to keep me awake)
 
Toot, Sorry, my bad. I never gave time differences a thought! It was all about getting a contest in before NFL football at 0930. Jim :o
 
OK! About an hour and a half to contest time. Here's the rules.

1. Tell me/us the answer! This is not Jeopardy. Don't ask a question.

2. First correct answer wins. There can't be a tie because of order received in the thread.

3. You will be presented with a picture. All objects in the picture EXCEPT ONE you have seen on the PCM&T before. Tell me/us the answer.

Have fun. Jim:)
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Contest Photo: What have you never seen on this layout before? Good luck, Jim:)

closeuppier.jpg
Fortunately I can't find this photo. Contest blew up anyway. Jim
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jim. It is looking great. I don't remember seeing the trestle before. Great job so far. Can't believe how fast you work.
 
One hour gone! Come on. Not even a guess yet. You've seen photos of this area for a long time. Check back to similar photos and see what is new. Jim:D
 
Hey Jim. Yeah, stupid me. I realized I had seen it before, about 2 seconds after I posted it. I sent you a PM.
 
No worries. Keep looking. Everyone is going to be kicking themselves when someone does find the answer. Hour and a half now. Jim:)
 


Contest Cancelled because I'm a dumb a##! The object of the contest was shown in two previous photo by accident. I'm so very sorry. :o

Another Contest with 2 prizes will be offered when the hit total reaches 50,000. Again I'm sorry. Jim:(
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yes. The correct answer was submitted rlundy90 via PM. It is the building with stairs showing out the end of the engine house. That gave me the clue to the foul up on my part. I searched back on found it in the background of the turnout remote threads. Jim:o
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sheepishly moving on. Here is that webbing mess photo shown before the 'contest.' I shot this at a little higher level so you could see the tunnel entrance in the upper left. Jim:)

IMG_4084.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Was only kidding about the time zones, would be the same here if it was an NRL (national rugby league) State of Origin game.

Now, this latest pic, where is this track into the tunnel going to? You've got the lower track coming around from under the back of the layout that's going to join up to the one behind the engine house, and this middle levels going where?

I can see I'll have to print off copies of all your pics Jim so that I can do quick comparisons while bleary eyed if I'm going to have any chance of winning one of your comps. :p
 
toot, I'm guessing many are weary about trying to win this one. I hope you didn't stay up. Just another senior moment.:o

Next time I try for 1300 my time. Thanks, Jim:)
 
toot, I'm guessing many are weary about trying to win this one. I hope you didn't stay up. Just another senior moment.:o

Next time I try for 1300 my time. Thanks, Jim:)

Was going to try to, but the eyelids said no. Never mind, I wouldn't have got it.

Considering the practice I get helping my wife with her "find the hidden object" games, a poor show. :)
 


Toot, I understand about sleep. 9PM is getting late for me. Did I mention that I played rugby for the Portland (OR) Rugby Club from 1967-72? Fullback and I was the kicker. Scored all 18 of our points, all free or penalty kicks, in an 18 to 12 victory against Oregon State University. Loved it!


BACK TO SOME PHOTOGRAPHY: I know many of you like this thread for photography hints as well as scenery ones. Let's look at the 'contest' photo a

I really like this photo. I'm not a 'zoom' photographer because I seldom like the results. I only shoot my photos at 1200x1600 pixels to go easy on the different site servers. Zoom as a rule comes out better in the 3500x4000 range. But, this photo was take with a zoom setting.

Let's look at basically the same photo taken this morning in about the same light. This was a regular photo, no zooming. After I took the photo I used my primitive photo program to crop/trim it. Notice the change in roughly the same area.

Photo not found. Jim 12/26/17

I don't really know why I took the zoom photo for the 'contest.' Normally this is the photo I would have taken and used. Go figure. To me, and we all see photos differently, the zoomer seems to shorten the whole scene making it more crowded and I'm not sure what else? I just seemed right to do it with the zoom when I looked through the viewfinder. Compared to the cropped photo it just seems to have more life. So I guess the moral to the story is: Take more than one photo of the same scene. Use a zoom on one, and crop a normal photo and see which you may prefer. Always test yourself and don't do the same stuff all the time. Jim:)
 
Last edited by a moderator:




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top