Alco Century 428 question HO

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


krn001

Member
Hi all,
I have a Stewart's Hobbies Alco 628 mint in box that i was inspecting before selling it. When the body was put on, i noticed the body wanted to pull away somewhat from the deck which at first i didn't know were 2 separate parts. The white line in the picture shows where it feels loose. Is this normal? gets glued together? I don't want to sell if it's defective.
The picture shows where it feels loose, any thoughts?
sample.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,
I have a Stewart's Hobbies Alco 428 mint in box that i was inspecting before selling it. When the body was put on, i noticed the body wanted to pull away somewhat from the deck which at first i didn't know were 2 separate parts. The white line in the picture shows where it feels loose. Is this normal? gets glued together? I don't want to sell if it's defective.
The picture shows where it feels loose, ant thoughts?
View attachment 50755
I think you meant to say ALCO C628

BCK RR
 


There should be some "catches", tabs, or whatever you want to call them on the body to keep it down and in place on the frame. I would try pushing down on the back end and around the body to make sure these areas are snapped together. If the tabs are broken or cracked they won't hold the body down properly.
 
Thanks,
That seems to be the issue, the tabs that "click" on 1 end slip off easily. I tried to compare it with a shell from another engine but the body & deck are 1 piece.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top