Fantastic work Tony! Now lets see some trains on it.
Your practice work would be my masterpiece!
Next pictures, which hopefully will be better, will have a train on it. Don't doubt yourself Louis ... doing scenery is not like doing electronics (wiring, decoders etc) there really are no rules or rights and wrongs. Give it a try, you just might surprise yourself
Thanks for showing us your project!! makes me want to get some progress on mine.
Looks like you could use trains from the 40's to today with this scene and pull it off. lasm
Thanks lasm, I have just gotten a couple of F7's from Casey that need to be photographed and shown.
Yep, yep. Keep going. I'm interested in your techniques and materials for the scenics.
Thank you. The diorama was put together using scrap and left overs from my wife's layout, for something to do and practice in getting the scenery down for when I complete my wife's layout.
I used the following materials:
1/2" ply (base board)
1" and 1/2" foam as the base for the scenery
45 minute Plaster (powder)
Plaster cloth (for covering the inclines)
Woodlands Inclines (for the road and rail)
Woodlands paints for the base terrain color (earth color)
Scenic Express ground covers
Woodlands ground covers
Woodlands pre made trees
Behr Acrylic paint for the river
Liquitex Medium Gloss for the river
50/50 mix of Elmer's white glue and water
Elmer's white glue full strength
Woodlands Scenic cement for the placing the trees
The buildings are completely scratch built.
Hope this helps, material wise.