1/87th Vehicles

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


It's true - "model power" good price!

It's true - "model power" good price!

And here is another representative of low-cost models!!!
This truck makes a good company "Fresh Cherries" / MOTOR MAX.
This is cheaper than Ford model of a "model power"... And it is not worse ;-)
Only slightly less detail ...
 
I just finished these two. The Ulrich Peterbilt was a restoration job from an eastate sale and the Brantford 36' piggyback trailer was a Resin kit from Great Western Passenger Car Details. The CN decals for both the trailer and tractor came in the kit.
005.jpg


014.jpg
 


now only if i could find tons of German (Dutch, ect) vehicles here in 1/87 instead of having to order them in from where ever :( :'( gonna be checking wally world too...
 


well in that case, i call that white international crew cab road maintenance truck :P
Unfortunately, its not the case just yet. What's in my album isn't really for sale. Just the ebay album. The mow crew cab is one of the many I'm building for my fathers conrail layout. However, I will have lots more custom trucks that may be up for grabs in the coming months. Just keep an eye on the for sale section!
 
well if you could make some euro police and fire cars I would be all over them, especially if they were also Americanized polizei and feuerwehr vehicles ;) oh and do you have a link to your ebay page?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm always on the lookout for diecast vehicles that will work in HO scale. Recently I found a CAT tractor that would make a great log loader in a Matchbox set. I reworked the boom to be similar to the prototype and it looks like a excellent model. Physically it's a bit larger than the Norscot Excavator, but still slightly smaller than HO scale. It will be perfect for a mountain top logging scene.

I also found out that Hotwheels made a 1987 Nissan Pickup that is near HO scale (slightly smaller) back in the 80's as part of a color racers set. The pickup was the only car in the set that would be near HO scale. I soaked the metal shell in brake fluid for several days to soften the paint and then cleaned the thick paint off with a wire brush wheel in a Dremel tool. Still have quite a bit of work to do to put reasonable tires and wheels among other details on the rig.

attachment.php


attachment.php


attachment.php
 
I recently brought down some trucks I had been working on for the club layout. First the Log truck. This is the "cheap" version of the trucks I've been working on for myself. I took the stock Athearn Kenworth truck. I painted the top of the nose green like the common Kenworth rigs seen in the 70's and 80's. I removed the step from the passenger side and placed the fuel tank there. I also added a air cleaner from a Herpa rig and a Herpa headache rack. I moved the exhaust stack from the rear to the side to make way for the headache rack. I scratchbuilt the mudflaps, log bunks, and trailer. This is a cheap and easy way to make a log truck that was first seen in the 70's and plenty are still running around today.

A while back I bought 6 Boley flatbed tow trucks on E-bay for about $8. Here I reworked the bed into typical lumber delivery truck. I added a scratchbuilt bulkhead and wish I had taken a photo from the rear to show off the changes I made.

I also had a repainted Matchbox utility truck, but hadn't yet decided where to place it yet.

attachment.php


attachment.php
 
Its a little tough for me to explain how I made them, its just something I jump into with a rough idea in my head. It is a Real Working Rigs truck cab, on an Atlas Ford frame with boley wheels and sander. As far as over seas vehicles, I dont really have an interest in them. Not to offend anyone, its just not my cup of tea. My ebay auctions didnt even sell. I was surprised. If you wanted to see what I was selling, I posted the links in the For Sale section under member ebay auctions or whatever its called.
 


Well I guess I'll jump on the Boley MOW truck band wagon. These are 2 that I've been playing around with the last couple of days.

001-17.jpg


002-9.jpg
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top