Dsquared_sleeperMSP
1:87 truck GuRu
The money you save with the Matchbox box truck's is well worth spending a few extra $ in some new wheels, mirrors, decals...etc.
Painted, decaled, and added glass
Man I hope I can find those buses! I'd like several myself.I noticed on my trips over to Pennsylvania, that school buses are a really common sight,if they are not out on the roads, then they are parked up in clusters waiting for the next school run.
So when I saw these Matchbox school buses, I bought them straight away. So far, I,ve only painted extra details on one,headlights, flashers,and mirrors, I,ll do the rest this weekend. I,ll also have to paint the underside black, as part of the casting shows silver, under the front bumper.
Ron
Jim, Matchbox used to put the scale on the chassis, in the 90's. They're rare now, but occasionally they re-run the vehicles that had a scale printed on them.Reid, except in very rare cases, you'll never see a scale on a Matchbox model. You just have to guess. If I'm doing some serious shopping, I take a known good 1:87 vehicle with me so I can do a quick compare. Some Matchbox mosels are very close (especially if you change out the wheels) but many are far too large or too small.
The buses are from the 2009 range of vehicles, I,ve thrown out the blister packs, so I can,t give you the number, but I,ve found a Matchbox forum http://www.mboxcommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64960&page=2Exactly. If you try to keep those vehicles away from a group of real HO scale vehicles. There is no frame of reference to the eye and they wont look out of place. What line of Matchbox are those yellow buses part of?
