1/87th Vehicles

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Brekina 1970 Camaro !!!!!!

I purchased a copy of Model Railroad News Yesterday, and found an article about 1/87th vehicles. There is a new 1970 Camaro coming out that will be decorated for the RS, SS, and Z/28 versions. The RS is all white, the SS is all black, and the Z/28 comes in red, yellow, and green, all with black racing stripes. Best way to view then is at truckstopmodels.com. look under the cars or automobile catigory, the camaros will be the first cars shown.

These are a limited run, so if ya want one, HURRY!!!!

Glen
 
if you have a smaller WM in your area & the Malibu trucks were always sold out when you went there you might want to recheck your stores until Christmas. WM is cleaning out their warehouses for non-moving merchandise & they have shipped a lot of these items to fast moving stores. These are the Volvo's, Mercedes & other european semi-tractors. I saw about 20 of them in 2 stores I visited this past saturday. Just a heads up for the people looking for them. I also saw 3 diff. colors of the Volvo tractor in the Matchbox vehicle line. They are exactly the same as the Malibu trucks but are only 97cents compared to the Malibu that are $3.00 ea.
 


I purchased a copy of Model Railroad News Yesterday, and found an article about 1/87th vehicles. There is a new 1970 Camaro coming out that will be decorated for the RS, SS, and Z/28 versions. The RS is all white, the SS is all black, and the Z/28 comes in red, yellow, and green, all with black racing stripes. Best way to view then is at truckstopmodels.com. look under the cars or automobile catigory, the camaros will be the first cars shown.

These are a limited run, so if ya want one, HURRY!!!!

Glen
Why not just link them to save time?
http://truckstopmodels.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=14&products_id=5005
http://truckstopmodels.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=14&products_id=5006
http://truckstopmodels.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=14&products_id=5007
http://truckstopmodels.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=14&products_id=5008
http://truckstopmodels.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=14&products_id=5009

El Camino:
http://truckstopmodels.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=14&products_id=5001
http://truckstopmodels.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=14&products_id=5002
http://truckstopmodels.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=14&products_id=5003
 
Sorry about not linking the site, I don't know how to do that. I'll have to learn how to do the linking thing!!! Those Camaros are nice though, aren't they???
 
Sorry about not linking the site, I don't know how to do that. I'll have to learn how to do the linking thing!!! Those Camaros are nice though, aren't they???
Just copy the address shown in the URL bar in your browser when you're on the page(s) you want to link, and paste it here. That simple!
 
Rico, I'm not aware of ANY dodge Dart in HO scale. Don't think I ever ran across one!! I think a company called EKO may have made one, but they were crude and CHEEP!!!
 
Nothing new,guys?? We can't just let this thread die!!! Anyone with anything new to report??? Sorry, nothing new here!! Just wanted to bump this back up.
 


I was in Northern Tools today & they have a nice line of new vehicles in HO. They have the new Kenworth Semi' tractors & they added a line of the Norscott lowboy trailers w/loads for $9.00 ea. They also carry the line of Norscott Heavy equipment that WM use to handle, plus some other items like a log skidder & a big Land mover & a larger backhoe.
 
I was in Northern Tools today & they have a nice line of new vehicles in HO. They have the new Kenworth Semi' tractors & they added a line of the Norscott lowboy trailers w/loads for $9.00 ea. They also carry the line of Norscott Heavy equipment that WM use to handle, plus some other items like a log skidder & a big Land mover & a larger backhoe.
your'e teasing us!
 
I checked the web site www.northerntool.com and found they have a few construction items but no semi trucks at 1-87 scale. I checked but they don't have any location in northern VA so no help for me. Thanks for the posting as I'm sure others will find it useful.
Dave
 
your'e teasing us!

Nope, not teasing anyone. I'm just telling you what I saw. maybe a store in your area doesn't carry the same things as a store in my area.(50 miles south of me).
I only tell it like it is. I'm the one that originally started this thread back in the stone age & I keep up w/what the stores carry. Check out your Tractor Supply stores, some WM's(div.one stores handle diff. items than a SuperCenter), Dollar Tree's, family Dollar, Dollar General & Big Lots. At Christmas time every retail store stocks a lot of toys(some 1/87th) & lots of 1/50th & 1/64th items. So, get out of your vehicle & start looking for those vehicles that we so desperately neeed.:D
 
tsc stores in canada and walmarts in canada have the 1/87 scale kenworth and peterbuilt truck cabs and also full cab and lowboy trailer usually with a cat piece of equipment
 
This is a cheap option, one of the Boley Wheel Loaders (usually found for $3)

Painted, decaled, and added glass

DSC00031791.jpg
 
Bought these at a train show 2 weeks ago for a buck a pc. Only one is used.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


I,ve found some useful vehicles at our local Asda supermarket. We don,t get the range of Real Working Rigs here in England, but we do get these.
The Porche,in the first photo, is one of the Hotwheels models to give you an idea of the Matchbox models size.None have the scale marked on, but look about right for HO scale.
The second picture shows three more Matchbox models, which are all around HO scale, the DAF truck is 1/86, the snow plow truck is 1/83, and the Mercedes Unimog is 1/84.
All of them are $1.60 each.
Ron
 
Last edited by a moderator:




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top