1/87th Vehicles

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Likely it on that that when we start to build a breadboard model or a diorama of the railway that necessarily we think and of cars)))

I remember in 70 when at us in shops was a few goods... :o
My Father has bought iron road! And two more trucks!!! :p

This single whole the car and the railway))) :)
 
Treasure in the Discount store

Its funny what you will find at a discount store and the funny thing about they are all hotwheels and they are 1:87 scale :D
HoScalecars004.jpg


HoScalecars003.jpg


HoScalecars002.jpg


HoScalecars001.jpg


HoScalecars005.jpg
 
Had an interesting discussion about the Johnny Lighting 1956 School Bus and what scale it is on another forum. From this discussion I was convinced that it might look OK and close enough for HO scale. So I looked for one and purchased it.

All in all not too bad. Here's what it looks like on our HO scale layout:

bus1f.jpg


bus2g.jpg



And some comparisons to a Classic Metal Works Bus:

bus5.jpg


bus3x.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:


:) all hotwheels and they are 1:87 scale :D

Has well bought in such маштабе. I went some days across Moscow and a little that have found at 1:87.
At us isn't present sale cars...:cool:
 
Its funny what you will find at a discount store and the funny thing about they are all hotwheels and they are 1:87 scale :D

HoScalecars003.jpg

What discount store!? Big Lots? I want that car, and I'm not willing to pay the $20+ on eBay. If you can get another one I'd buy it from you!:eek:
 
I've found the 1/87 Hotwheels at Toys R Us, but it seems that they're not restocking them as soon as they sell out of them.
 
This was Kit-bashed from a Road Champs trailer, not completely done yet, needs some lettering. The tractor it came with looked more like N scale and the trailer was too narrow, so I widened it, added better wheels and the White tractor. I'm modeling around 1961, so I'm going to have a Chev dealership with a load of new cars arriving.
The Corvette's are Match Box I think, the Impala is a Mini Metals.

IMG_2851.jpg

IMG_2850.jpg
 
What discount store!? Big Lots? I want that car, and I'm not willing to pay the $20+ on eBay. If you can get another one I'd buy it from you!:eek:

Its called general discount and i will check it out tomorrow when i go pick up my MP3 player i ordered. I'm going to set up a movie scene on my lay-out when it get started with my batman car;)
 
Its called general discount and i will check it out tomorrow when i go pick up my MP3 player i ordered. I'm going to set up a movie scene on my lay-out when it get started with my batman car;)

Funny. I'm thinking of doing some movie scenes eventually too. Just little things, Forest Gump on a park bench, the cars chasing each other in "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World". The trailer blocking traffic from "The Long Long Trailer" and others.
 


Not the same scene, but I tried to replicate the paint scheme of the Long Long Trailer on this HO trailer on our layout...just wish someone made the right Chrysler to pull it:

Good effort though! Hahaha.
Trailer looks good, same one I'm using.
I saw in MR a few years back someone else did it also, but used the Mini Metals 55 Chevy to pull (yellow & white).
 
"Are hot wheels really 1:87 scale???? " Yes, I managed to get a couple of the Hotwheels cars from Toys R Us last summer,when I went to Pennsylvania, but I could,nt find the one I really wanted, the 1/87 Batmobile.

Ron
 
Funny. I'm thinking of doing some movie scenes eventually too. Just little things, Forest Gump on a park bench, the cars chasing each other in "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World". The trailer blocking traffic from "The Long Long Trailer" and others.

That would be really cool, Its jus something you really dont see on lay-outs, but you will see everyday prototypically
 
Good effort though! Hahaha.
Trailer looks good, same one I'm using.
I saw in MR a few years back someone else did it also, but used the Mini Metals 55 Chevy to pull (yellow & white).

Thanks, and realized I made a mistake last night. The car in the movie was a 1953 Mercury Monterey. Not a Chrysler as I mentioned.
 
Last edited by a moderator:






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top