Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. W

    Bachmann Alco series Locomotives

    I have a Bachmann Alco S-4 and a Mogul 2-6-0 in HO. I am very happy with both of them. The S-4 has to strain with 10 cars up a 3% grade. The little Mogul, 6 cars. I mostly run them on the flat. The S-4's decoder went south after I had it for 6 months. Only used it maybe 15 minutes, Total...
  2. W

    Ebay Bo-Bo

    That should be Boo Boo I was watching an ebay engine, an Atlas Wabash GP7, and was set to enter a bid at the last minute as soon as I got home from the doctor the other day. Well, I went to bid and it had ended. What! Ebay time on this item was PACIFIC time. Growl, my own fault though. So...
  3. W

    What is the right / best track to get?

    Micro Engineering track and DCC switches & a bunch of other train & hobby stuff. Micro Mark Trains Bill W.
  4. W

    Blind Drivers

    I just received a new Mantua Pacific 4-6-2 and I have noticed it has blind drivers. The center set of drivers has no flanges. This allows the engine to use smaller radius curves. I had wanted to buy a Berkshire, but have not because I don't know whether it can do a 19" radius. This is also done...
  5. W

    Question about online orders and restocking fees.

    Did you already pay for the item ? How did you pay, credit card or what ? A retailer is not supposed to charge your CC unless item has been shipped. If not shipped they cannot just charge your CC for anything. If a CC was used, dispute the charge with the CC company/bank. No matter whether it...
  6. W

    Bachmann Pacific 4-6-2 Decoder Install

    Hey Karl, I got to the part of splitting the frame. Had the screws out of the bottom, the two screws holding the two frame parts together out, had the frame split a little bit to the point I didn't want to force it not knowing if I should or what would happen. I figured out the way the power...
  7. W

    Bachmann Pacific 4-6-2 Decoder Install

    I wanted a Pacific and saw one at the train show saturday. It was DC and I am DCC. I had a spare decoder at home so I thought I would take a chance with it. It is a Bachmann engine. Well, things haven't gone so well. Figuring out the wiring tells me that the two bronze castings are part of the...
  8. W

    The Little Engine that Couldn't, now Can

    Yes the frogs are unpowered as they are Micro Engineering DCC friendly. I did solder droppers to the frogs in case I needed them. None of the other engines have a problem with the frogs. Now that I have removed the Foam Tack Glue tires from the 2-6-0 rear drivers, it has no problems. Bill W.
  9. W

    The Little Engine that Couldn't, now Can

    Tonight I removed the goop from the rear set of drivers. It was, somewhat difficult to remove. Put the engine on the track for a test and it went thru the switches/frogs just fine. So it does use the drivers for electrical pick-up. I left the goop on the other two sets of drivers. It still...
  10. W

    The Little Engine that Couldn't, now Can

    A little update on my Bachmann 2-6-0. It now hesitates and usually stops at every switch frog when it didn't before. Closer inspection revealed pick-ups on the drivers. They are very hard to see. When I applied the "goop" I hooked up track power to the tender only. The engine ran fine while...
  11. W

    The Little Engine that Couldn't, now Can

    On the steamer the pick-ups are on the tender so all drivers can get the treatment. On a diesel you can't put the goop on all wheels. Check out on utube, Bullfrog Snot. There are demos for both motives. Bill W.
  12. W

    The Little Engine that Couldn't, now Can

    I got this bright idea, or so I think so. I have been reading up and watching utube's on Bullfrog Snot. I have a little 2-6-0 that could not make a 3% grade with 5 cars. I got to thinking about the Foam Tack Glue I'm using on the layout. It dries to a rubbery state. So I took some thinned...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top