Wabash Willie
New Member
I just received a new Mantua Pacific 4-6-2 and I have noticed it has blind drivers. The center set of drivers has no flanges. This allows the engine to use smaller radius curves. I had wanted to buy a Berkshire, but have not because I don't know whether it can do a 19" radius.
This is also done in 7 1/2" gauge with the bigger steamers. The Mogul I had would do 32ft radius with no problems. With any steamer there has to be enough side play in the axles and side rods. The side rods and valve rods probably not a problem with HO as they are not doing anything except going along for the ride.
Any body else have an engine with "blind Drivers" ?
Bill W.
This is also done in 7 1/2" gauge with the bigger steamers. The Mogul I had would do 32ft radius with no problems. With any steamer there has to be enough side play in the axles and side rods. The side rods and valve rods probably not a problem with HO as they are not doing anything except going along for the ride.
Any body else have an engine with "blind Drivers" ?
Bill W.
