Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. J

    good cheap dcc starter unit

    Ain't that the truth..lol:D
  2. J

    where do u buy your locos

    I get most of mine off of e-bay.I have no LHS nowhere near me.I would have to drive 140 plus mile to hobby town usa . There is no train shops around but a 4 plus hour drive.I did that last weekend to try out a NCE and a Digitrax.I brought home a Digirtax.Anyways I buy off of ebay.
  3. J

    what system do you run.

    Will I got back from a long road trip to try out a Digitrax Zephyr Xtra and a NCE Power cab. I came home with a Digitrax Zephyr Xtra:D.I don't care if is a little hard to put together.But once I get the hang if it It will be no troubles.I know it don't have remote thottle but I can always add...
  4. J

    Athearn BB or RTR Locos what is the big Diff

    I would like to know myself how to tune them up being most of my fleet is athearn.. Jason K
  5. J

    What Kinda paint used on Locos

    Where do I order it at? I have no LHS around. The closest one is 140 miles from me. Thanks Jason K
  6. J

    What Kinda paint used on Locos

    I never haerd of this names of paints. Where do you get them at?. Thanks Jason K
  7. J

    What Kinda paint used on Locos

    I have a few airbrushs.I would like too know what is the best overall paint for painting locos.Easy to apply and nice finish too.Please Help I am putting in a order here soon for paint. Thanks Jason
  8. J

    DCC in a Genesis Athearn USRA 2-8-2 ???

    Great I plan on getting one off of ebay friday.Thanks
  9. J

    DCC in a Genesis Athearn USRA 2-8-2 ???

    I am look at Genesis Athearn USRA 2-8-2 can a person install a soundtrax decoder with sound in it???:confused: Thanks Jason K
  10. J

    Athearn BB or RTR Locos what is the big Diff

    I have two BB's and 2 rtr I have took them apart to see the diff.I will say I do like the BB with mostly all wire.The RTR has cooper plates that are bent.Now Y did they go to that for cooper plates for.And do the rtrs have better motors in them? Or are they the same??? Now for details: What...
  11. J

    good cheap dcc starter unit

    I like the digitrax Zephyr for one you can run DC locos on it by putting in a code plus or run dcc.Yes the throttle is stationary but you can always add a remote throttle on it or even wireless. and it costs alittle more like 10 or 20 bucks more then a nce but I think it is worth it.I am heading...
  12. J

    rivarossi Challanger DCC Need Help

    I am looking at a HO rivarossi union pacific challanger. I was wondering and a person install a DCC unit in it?? Thanks Jason K
  13. J

    DCC Questions

    Here's a link on the Zepher.Make sure you watch the whole vid.I hope this helps http://beta.digitrax.com/support/video-depot/products/starter-sets/zepx/ I know this made me lean more to the digitrax then the nce Jason
  14. J

    First Air Brush

    Thank You Espeefan. Jason
  15. J

    DCC Questions

    I know like Motley said you can run dc on a digitrax system.The DCC zepher does do that and you can get from a link on here for 170.00.I know that is one of the big selling points to me and you hook up usb link too. I am looking at both the NCE Power Cab and the Digitrax Zepher.I am going to try...
  16. J

    Athearn VS Atlas

    All of mine going to DCC here sooner or later.I plan on installing LED's in them when I do.I do plan on getting a atlas here soon.I spent awhile on the net and calling dealers to find what I am looking for and I found one.It is a atlas dash 7 in UP colors but it is DCC ready.It is the silver run...
  17. J

    First Air Brush

    Thanks for the input.What airbrush forum do you belong too.Please put up a link if you would. Thanks Jason
  18. J

    Athearn VS Atlas

    I have 2 BB's and 2 RTR's..I will say I do like the BB's better.All in Athearn.
  19. J

    First Air Brush

    Hey guys,would a passche talon be a good detailer for a airbrush?I would like too stay with passche if I could being I have 2 passche's already.Or should I get a Iwata? Thanks Jason K




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top