DCC in a Genesis Athearn USRA 2-8-2 ???

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Jason K

Member
I am look at Genesis Athearn USRA 2-8-2 can a person install a soundtrax decoder with sound in it???:confused:


Thanks
Jason K
 
Yes, I have one with the older Soundtrax decoder and speaker. It was the first sound decoder install I did. The tender is plenty big enough and is wired as DCC ready (just can't remember which connector it uses).
 
Yes, I have one with the older Soundtrax decoder and speaker. It was the first sound decoder install I did. The tender is plenty big enough and is wired as DCC ready (just can't remember which connector it uses).

IIRC it uses a JST 9 pin. It simply a matter of unplugging the wiring connector from a Tsunami, and plugging it in, then wiring in the speaker of choice. Some shirink wrap may cover part of the plug on the Tsunami, but what covers the plug, can easily be cut off.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top