ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
A
I'd like to paint some Walthers aggregate cars into FEC red scheme. I'm wondering which number should I buy?
(Racing Finish specifically, or other brands)
-
A
I just bought a Kato P42DC (HO Scale) from ebay. However, the rear coupler was broken during shipping.
The seller sent me a kadee coupler instead because he doesn't have Kato couplers in stock.
I'm now wondering if kadee can fit Kato's P42s. If so, how could I replace it as I didn't find...
-
A
Thank you sir. I'll look for a longer one or do it myself.
-
A
I'm looking for a display cabinet/shelf/case for my 6 HO scale train sets. I found on ebay/Amazon that most of the display cabinets are 38 inches long.
My train set contains 3 Amfleet cars and a P42. I don't think they can fit 38-inch cabinet.
What is the best size of my train set?
-
A
Thanks everybody's answer. Now I'm considering switch to DCC....
-
A
All my locomotives are DC.
-
A
I just bought a new Intermountain ES44AC in DC/DCC ready mode. I'm using Railpower 1300 as the power pack. My other locomotives run at 35mph, but ES44AC starts running at almost 75mph, though the lights go on at 30mph. I don't know if anyone else has the same problem.
-
A
I'd like to buy an ES44AC. I know Athearn has this model, but does Athearn ES44AC have operating ditch lights?
-
-
A
I have a lot of curve tracks with 18'' radius. They are definitely no good for long passenger cars. I'm wondering what is the best radius to run passenger trains. Thanks!
-
A
I'm wondering if Athearn is still producing P42 in Amtrak Phase V painting scheme?
-
A
Thanks everybody! I finally got an MTH DCC ready SD70M-2 in FEC painting scheme. It is really nice. The details are not bad, particularly it has operating front ditch lights and dummy rear ditch lights! It runs smoothly, silently on the tracks.
I also want to try Athearn in the future. :)
-
A
I also heard that MTH's SD70M-2 models (NS, FEC) have rear ditch lights. Is that true?
-
A
Hmmmm. I see.
Well, it is still hard to make a decision. :o
-
A
Thanks!
So what's the performance difference between LED and bulb?
Another thing is that MTH version has front headlight, while Athearn version has nose headlight. Which one is the main stream in real SD70ACe?
-
A
Thanks! I run DC, so I'm more care about the details. How's detail of MTH?
-
A
What's the price difference between these two? For DC, I know Athearn is asking for $189, how about MTH?
-
A
Good point!
And I also checked out that Athearn's FEC painting scheme will be on-the-shelf in late July, and CSX is coming late September.
-
A
Thank you! It seems that Athearn is really better than MTH. Do you know when Athearn will have FEC or Norfolk Southern painting scheme on SD70M-2?
-
A
I'd like to buy an SD70ACe or SD70M-2 model (DC/DCC ready). I know both Athearn and MTH have these engines. I also searched a little bit for the comparisons. It seems that Athearn did a better job in the details, especially the realistic-looking ditchlights. But the problem is that Athearn only...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)