Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. F

    How to Build a Proper Layout

    I forget the word for it but I am wondering how I should go about building my n scale shelf layout its roughly 14 feet by 7 feet and it looks roughly like an m.
  2. F

    A New Layout From Scratch

    Alright thanks !
  3. F

    A New Layout From Scratch

    Hi there, I have had train layouts for as long as i can remember but about 3 years ago I had to take apart my HO layout and sell all the equipement. But now I have the oppurtunity to build another layout. This time a shelf layout done in N scale in my bedroom. My room is fairly large and...
  4. F

    Rapido N Scale VIA Rail Passenger Cars Q?

    http://www.rapidotrains.com/schemes_n/via1.html#coach_via1_n I was wondering if these are good and worth the 50$. They look good in the pictures but I was wondering if some one has gotten to see one first hand?? ~ Thanks
  5. F

    Aberdeen, Carolina & Western in N scale????

    i guess the pics dont show up??? so heres a link of what one of theyre schemes are http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=90185&nseq=56
  6. F

    Aberdeen, Carolina & Western in N scale????

    I was wondering if anyone has modeled this railroad before? Does anyone manufacture ACW loco's?
  7. F

    Why is Overland Models so expensive?

    http://www.overlandmodels.com/showroom.php?scale=3
  8. F

    Why is Overland Models so expensive?

    Does anyone know why? Its like 185 $ for a caboose in n scale.
  9. F

    Is There A Digitrax DCC Decoder for Athearn SD75i's?

    that is for HO isnt it? Mine is N.
  10. F

    Is There A Digitrax DCC Decoder for Athearn SD75i's?

    I just bought a CN #5670 SD75i at my local hobby shop today :D Super excited about it but I am not sure which dcc decoder goes with it. The guy at the hobby shop said that he only supplies Digitrax decoders so I was wondering which Decoder is used for these loco's? ~ Thanks in advance.
  11. F

    Removing the shell on an Athearn CN SD75i

    Nevermind I got it :D Luckily mine is the fourth version because earlier versions have been known to cause decoders to short out and fry.
  12. F

    Removing the shell on an Athearn CN SD75i

    I was wondering how to correctly remove the shell. I do not want to risk damaging it so before I try and end up breaking my new engine I thought I would ask you guys :D
  13. F

    Really Inactive

    There seriously is nothing going here? Come on guys make some threads.!!
  14. F

    Running Multiple Engines in The Same Consist

    Yeah I have heard that aswell that was why I was confused when you started talking about sound decoders.
  15. F

    Running Multiple Engines in The Same Consist

    Are these HO or N ?
  16. F

    Running Multiple Engines in The Same Consist

    Alright xD still great help Thanks.
  17. F

    Running Multiple Engines in The Same Consist

    wow thanks great answer. so after all that which decoders should I use? If I buy an engine that is already equiped with DCC which type of decoder is it? Is it a good one or is cheap and not as good as other ones?
  18. F

    Running Multiple Engines in The Same Consist

    yes what is bemf? I have yet to purchase my DCC system because I havent began building my layout yet. My last layout i used MRC but I sold it with the rest of my stuff. I plan on getting the Digitrax Zephyr because it is simple and easy to expand.
  19. F

    Running Multiple Engines in The Same Consist

    I have always wondered how to correctly run 2 or more DCC's locomotives that are coupled together and pulling a train. Do I run power in both loco's or just one? Does doing this damage the engines due to the difference in power? Please respond.
  20. F

    First Serious Layout (Modeling Lytton BC) Questions

    Wow. Thanks for the info :D




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top