Aberdeen, Carolina & Western in N scale????

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


fidekel

Canadian Model Railroader
viewphoto.php

viewphoto.php


I was wondering if anyone has modeled this railroad before?

Does anyone manufacture ACW loco's?
 


Ive never seen that railroad before, i like the colors as well. I especially like the gray underframe on it for some reason, just goes nicely with the cream and green paint i guess
 
No one makes their equipment. I know Atlas makes some of their neighbors geeps, the aberdeen and rockfish. I'm probably going to do this road in HO scale. Haven't made up my mind completely yet. It's a toss up between several shortlines in the area.
 
I like the paint scheme. It would not be a hard one to have made. Decals would probably have to be custom made though.
 
ATLAS has the locos in N scale (and HO) and Miniatures by Eric does the cab in N.I would check with Microscale or one of the eastern decal maker for decals

I like that paint scheme too.:D
 
I think it's cool that somebody from Canada is interested in the ACWR. I grew up right off of their mainline between Biscoe and Candor. Watched their trains as a kid from back when it was Southern Railway and Aberdeen & Briar Patch. Got a few short rides too! I moved to Star (their main office and yard) when I was 15 and lived there until I was 22. Started to go to work there before I hired on with Norfolk Southern. In the process of building an HO scale layout myself (still in the planning stages). But I will have a pulpwood yard on it because I remember the old SOU pulpwood cars they used to run and the pulpwood yard in Biscoe when I was a kid. I have several pictures of the ACWR from Star to Aberdeen if you might be interested. Mostly before they GP40's were painted into the new scheme.
 


Oh ok, good to know. I live about 4 miles from where I-485 goes under the railroad at Albemarle Rd.

Also, this railroad is definitely model railroad friendly. Lots of interest along the line. Much of the rail looks like occasionally used branch line.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top