Hi there,
I have had train layouts for as long as i can remember but about 3 years ago I had to take apart my HO layout and sell all the equipement.
But now I have the oppurtunity to build another layout. This time a shelf layout done in N scale in my bedroom. My room is fairly large and would probably be 18' feet long roughly if I go along the full wall.
However I am unsure of where to start as this is the first time im building it without the help of my father. Recently I went to my local hobby shop and purchased a Canadian National SD75i as a starting ground. I plan on having a somewhat mountainess terrain with many industrial spurs. But from there I dont know where to begin. I havent made a track plan yet either.
Any pointers on where to begin?
I have had train layouts for as long as i can remember but about 3 years ago I had to take apart my HO layout and sell all the equipement.
But now I have the oppurtunity to build another layout. This time a shelf layout done in N scale in my bedroom. My room is fairly large and would probably be 18' feet long roughly if I go along the full wall.
However I am unsure of where to start as this is the first time im building it without the help of my father. Recently I went to my local hobby shop and purchased a Canadian National SD75i as a starting ground. I plan on having a somewhat mountainess terrain with many industrial spurs. But from there I dont know where to begin. I havent made a track plan yet either.
Any pointers on where to begin?
