Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. DT&J

    I hated to do it

    User error. No instructions came with it, I put the holder in upside down. :o
  2. DT&J

    how did you pick a rail line

    Started out buying ICG then put everything away for 17 years. Now I'm modeling the same St Louis to KC route but with a freelanced railroad. Chicago & Alton built the line and I grew up watching the ICG roll through. KCS operates the line currently but I caught a CSX train on the line a year ago.
  3. DT&J

    Admiration for your talents

    I'm amazed at the quality of workmanship I see in these threads and hope that I end up half as good as what I see here. I have also learned alot in the last couple years just lurking
  4. DT&J

    I hated to do it

    I think I need a Kadee #39 to make this right but the "she who must be obeyed" said I cant get them until after Christmas. I did have the couplers wired together, drawbar didnt work out, so a lego died just so I could run the SD40 Here it is all together The SD is by GSB Rail...
  5. DT&J

    WPH 11/18 to 11/25

    I feel a little intimidated posting where the masters post. Hit a small train show yesterday and picked up a few goodies (spent nearly every dollar I had saved for it :D). The SD 40-2 is by GSB Rail Limited, didnt see many good comments about the brand anywhere on the web, but it runs good. And...
  6. DT&J

    Need help?

    I bought a used GP-38 at a train show that did the same thing, I messed with it for a bit then picked one end up and it took off.I guess someone rewired it wrong. I cut a wire just for grins and it has worked perfectly since. Dont know if it will help but worth a shot.
  7. DT&J

    Ned's Rib Shack

    That is awesome!! Might do something like that on mine
  8. DT&J

    atlas turnout mod

    Sorry,my description is bad.If the pic shows up, yellow is direction of travel, red indicates the "guide rails" I mentioned, you can see where the stock rail is notched for the point to lay in. When the 2-8-0 hits the notch it derails. My son's Thomas, Annie and Clarabell, and the rest of my...
  9. DT&J

    atlas turnout mod

    The main rail is "notched" to about 1/2 the width of the rail a little so the points sit flush and creates a wide spot. I guess I should mention that the extra pieces were set to the inside of the points to slide with them. And yes, you made perfect sense mike8693
  10. DT&J

    atlas turnout mod

    The main rail is "notched" to about 1/2 the width of the rail a little so the points sit flush and creates a wide spot. I guess I should mention that the extra pieces were set to the inside of the points. And yes, you made perfect sense mike8693
  11. DT&J

    atlas turnout mod

    I have a Bachman 2-8-0 that mostly derails on the Atlas turnouts. My bright idea was to solder a short section of track to the points which worked for a few passes before working loose. The process was long, slow, and melted plastic. Anyone have anybetter ideas to connect short section to the...
  12. DT&J

    railroad "game"

    Exactly. I noticed the old roadbed in Clinton, MO and my curiosity got the best of me. Yer up!
  13. DT&J

    railroad "game"

    I couldn't believe it either. The real name of the "Leaky Roof Railroad" is...?
  14. DT&J

    railroad "game"

    Trenton, New Jersey




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top