Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. R

    Proto 2000sd9 lights?

    I have a proto 2000 sd9 with a digitrax dh163 ao installed and I need to get the diesel lighted, any help, thanks.
  2. R

    DCC cable

    I need to find a longer cable to connect my DB150 to a UP3 panel, the one that you get with the system is too short, any suggestions. Normal phone cables do not work. Thanks............
  3. R

    Programing Track

    I am trying to set up a programing track with a Digitrax Empie Builder, having trouble. My booster does not have "Prog A or Prog B" on it. All I have is "cofig a and config b" are these the same? Anyone have a diagram? Thanks...............
  4. R

    ? sound install

    I have an Athearn RTR P42 that I would like to add sound to, would the new Digitrax SDH164D be a plug and play for this unit. Just connect the 2 9 pin connectors to eachother? Any other suggestions?
  5. R

    Soundtraxx Kt1000

    Has anyone installed a Sountraxx KT1000 into a Kato SD70? Where does the speaker go? Thank you......
  6. R

    DH 123d install

    I am trying to install a DH123d into an older blue box, runs great but no light. Shows only very dim, do I need a resistor? Thanks, Ray W.
  7. R

    Paint removal

    Thanks for all the response, I cannot believe how well 91 percent alcohol works, gets right down to original color of plastic mold. Thanks again everyone, this forum is great.
  8. R

    Paint removal

    Thank you so much, will give it a try:)
  9. R

    Paint removal

    I need to remove a bad coat of primer and some factory lettering on a model, any suggestions. Thank you so much...........csxmodelrailroading.blogspot.com
  10. R

    ? dcc install

    I am trying to figure out what the best decoder for my proto 2000 sd7 would be. Any suggestions, Thanks........
  11. R

    printing Decals?

    I thought this forum was about helping and learning, some of us are not expert modelers that you seem to claim to be...........
  12. R

    printing Decals?

    Has anyone ever printed decals from a PC? I have the white decal paper and am trying to print some for my shortline. Any suggestions?:confused:
  13. R

    Old Tyco Billboard Cars

    I just found in my collection some old Tyco Billboard cars, box cars, covered hoppers. I would love to get these up to snuff, any suggestions for new trucks? How would I screw to bottom of old cars? Thanks everyone...
  14. R

    Roads

    Thanks for the replys, I will try and lay out some vehicles and see wht looks right in my mind. Thanks again.............
  15. R

    Roads

    Thanks for the reply, also how many HO scale feet should my road be?
  16. R

    Roads

    I am planning an edge of town scene on my HO scale railroad that will have a propane dealer and 2 other small structures. I am lost at what to use for a road, any help or suggestions greatly appreciated. Also how wide should my road be in HO scale feet?
  17. R

    Lighting????

    I am remodeling my basement for my future Model Railroad, I am at the stage for lighting. I need to get rid of the 3 lightbulbs with pull strings. I am thinking of using cans, 2 in a 6 foot section. 2 for every 48" for a total of 12 cans in a 25' section. Or I can just put up fluorescent...
  18. R

    DCC occupancy detection?

    I am in the planning of my next layout and I am going to have 6-8 hidden staging tracks. I currently have the Digitrax Empir Builder and love it. I am looking into their occupancy detection systems, and I am no electrician, does anyone or has anyone used the Digitrax BD4 or BDL168 for...
  19. R

    ? DCC Electronics

    I have been a Model Railroader for about 36 years now, but never an electrician. I am starting on my new 28' x 10' layout and I have the Empire Builder from Digitrax. DCC seems quite easy and I have had this system on 2 other layouts before. My question is that you see other modelers with...
  20. R

    Helix

    Thank you George, I am going to give it a try!!!




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top