Old Tyco Billboard Cars

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


rayman14085

New Member
I just found in my collection some old Tyco Billboard cars, box cars, covered hoppers. I would love to get these up to snuff, any suggestions for new trucks? How would I screw to bottom of old cars? Thanks everyone...
 
new trucks for Tyco cars

Back in the days when I started to realize the need to improve the track worthyness of some the older cars, I bought some Plastruct square tubing with the hole in the center, cut to about 1/4 or so long, tapped with a 2/56 tap. removed all old trucks. Filed the round hole in the bolster with a small square file, then Glued the homemade square screw receptors into the bolster. After drying completely, mounted Athearn trucks to the cars along with # 5 Kadee coupler boxes glued to the car itself. Can't beat the trackability then. Joe
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top