Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. J

    Life - Like Supply House

    I'm exciting to really have a good bash at it. :D I just need to think and then plan.
  2. J

    Life - Like Supply House

    Life like makes this kit http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/lif/lif1398.htm Which to me is a very fair price. It also looks like the perfect kitbasher. So my question is, what do you think you can do with this kit? Because the possibilities seem overwhelming! :D
  3. J

    Looking for steel truss?

    Does anybody make plain, generic steel truss towers? I found this Kibri kit, the large ones to the left http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/kib/kib8650.htm But the price is a bit high. I was wondering if anyone made those or if I have to build them myself. Thanks.
  4. J

    Please Help!

    Ok Bachmann makes a dairy Barn which is good for me and the ol' wallet. I have my methods of making those cheap plasticville kits look like the expensive ones :rolleyes: The joys of being an unemployed teen is unkind to the hobby! Well thank you so much for the help UP2CSX. I'll be back here...
  5. J

    Please Help!

    Hmmm ok. So I can use a freight station that I have built and weathered and ready to go instead of a "Milk Platform." And maybe I could add a small farm scene with Cows! :D
  6. J

    Please Help!

    Ok. So instead of that top milk station, I could use a freight depot?
  7. J

    Please Help!

    Are you referring to the "Milk Platform"? Because I plan to use this kit Then MAYBE this kit for the creamery Maybe though. I'm a teenager without a job. :D ALSO, the reason I asked about the crossover was not so much accuracy but for physical sense. Would it make more sense to just have the...
  8. J

    Please Help!

    So this plan is accurate? Feel free to make edits. Also should there be a loop to connect both tracks or is the switch in the middle fine. (if picture doesnt appear) http://www.majhost.com/gallery/admin/videos/trackplan.png
  9. J

    Please Help!

    Appreciate the advice, ICG/SOU, however the dairy idea has got me going. So UP2CSX, correct me if I'm wrong. - Farmers bring milk in metal cans to these small stops at one end of the line where they are picked up my a dairy train consisting of those specialized reefers. - Train travels for...
  10. J

    Please Help!

    Yeah I diffidently need a plan. I was thinking the dairy route. A train of reefers heading from a farm to a distributor plant? Oh and I model in HO ;)
  11. J

    Please Help!

    Hey guys, progress on my table layout has halted severely this past year and my parents are threatening to take it down. The reason I stopped working on it is because I jumped in without a plan and now its a mess. So now I want to work on a new track plan and I will have a plan this time but I...
  12. J

    2 questions

    Sorry If I was vague. I meant post some pics of old switchers. I cant find them. I guess since its fantasy Im going to really mod it. Also, I made a mistake. Its not a tank engine. Its a tender engine. 0-4-0 Old time engine. Was what the Ebay post said it was. I lost the pic. Sorry. Hope...
  13. J

    2 questions

    Really? No exact prototype? Could perchance post a pic or 2? ;) Im familiar with that tank engine. The one I saw was extraordinarily unusual.
  14. J

    2 questions

    Hey guys. I have two questions. 1.) I finally purchased the 0-4-0 Tea Kettle from life - like. I was wondering if anyone knows the prototype for this little engine. 2.) I was at a Model Train show yesterday and I saw an interesting engine. I believe it was model power but I cant tell. It...
  15. J

    determining the era of a building

    hmmm so if I added that onto my layout I'd have to have my era 1941 at the latest?
  16. J

    determining the era of a building

    http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/mdp/mdp571.htm That kit...I have. But I dont know if its era-appropriate. When were gas tanks like these used?
  17. J

    determining the era of a building

    hi. I have a question that will save me from further more questions. How can you determine the era of a building? I want to buy this cheap kit: http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/ihc/ihc7002.htm But I dont know what era that is from. So I want to know how you guys know what era a buildind is in
  18. J

    old roling stock

    ok maybe not exactly that era. Because I'm not modelling that era I just like the rolling stock. I just like the smaller cars like 28 feet. And the brake wheel thats mounted high up.
  19. J

    old roling stock

    quick question. What companies sell good rolling stock from say, the 1860's? Like Mantua Classic's vintage wooden freight line? Thanks
  20. J

    good HO tank engine

    No thanks N scale is too small. What about small diesels? Are there any good ones?




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top