Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. P

    Question about JMRI Operations

    Thanks for the links, Dave. I'm sure familiarizing myself with those things will get me on the right track (pun intended):o
  2. P

    Question about JMRI Operations

    Thanks, Dave. It will probably serve me well to join the Yahoo group as well.
  3. P

    Question about JMRI Operations

    Thanks all for the feedback. I'm leaning toward classification tracks now:rolleyes: Where can I find the documentation you guys speak of? I'm sure reading that would help me. Thanks
  4. P

    Question about JMRI Operations

    Thanks, Ken. But please no hurry. It doesn't have to be today or even this month :). I still have a lot of track to lay, rolling stock and locos to buy before I can get into operations. Just curious about the program. Oh, by the way, I plan to use the program only to move the freight across the...
  5. P

    Question about JMRI Operations

    Thanks, guys. Sounds like I should call them yard tracks first and see what happens. Csx road slug, if you get a chance after you look at what you do with jmri, will you let me know what you call the yards and what kind of operations it provided for your yard crew? Thanks
  6. P

    Question about JMRI Operations

    Hi, guys. Although my layout is still sometime from using this program, I downloaded it and began to enter some of the locations and cars to get a feel for it. I have (or will have) a 5 track yard with two spurs with industries. A switch engine will be stationed here. My question is should I...
  7. P

    Dcc wiring for one loco

    Terry, sorry I haven't replied to your question until now. I did not see your post. My BLI is a Paragon 2 SW-1500. I called NCE about the problem on the chance it had to do with the DCC system. Their rep. told me it is a common problem with BLI. Now... here's what's happened since I last...
  8. P

    Monthly Photo Fun October

    Wow! Great pics. They make this rookie want to start scenery...even though it probably won't look like that :)
  9. P

    A Few Questions (DCC/Frogs)

    I also model HO but had similar problems with Atlas turnouts. If you have plastic frogs like I do you might have to file the frog down a bit because it is slightly higher than the rails. I got this advice on this forum (I am a beginner building my first DCC layout too) and since I've done it the...
  10. P

    Dcc wiring for one loco

    Thanks for all the feedback, guys. Sorry I'm just replying now but have been busy with work. Regarding some recent comments, I don't think a booster is needed based on my understanding (such as it is). I also don't suspect undersized wires. I use 14 gauge for the bus and presently the only...
  11. P

    Dcc wiring for one loco

    I do run the engine at least some every day but who knows? It's tough to trouble shoot because I have so little experience but I'll get there! After all, filed some closure rails and filed down some frogs on some of my turnouts and that seems to have fixed some issues there. I wouldn't have...
  12. P

    Dcc wiring for one loco

    Iron horse, thank you for the great info. That's all new to this newbie. I'm learning all the time. I've been "playing " with my train for a couple of hours now and it's fine tonight. I'm sure progressing with my track and wiring in addition to the great advice from you pros here I'll get it...
  13. P

    Dcc wiring for one loco

    im not sure what's going on but it seems like the engine to me. I haven't added feeders and all rail joiners seem fine. All conditions are identical as I can tell when it runs very well or very poorly. The only thing that seems to help is running it with the throttle wide open for some time. Of...
  14. P

    Dcc wiring for one loco

    Thanks for the feedback. That is very discouraging. I thought I did enough research and bought a high quality engine. It was not inexpensive. I will add feeders and see if its performance improves. I will buy another brand loco when I can and see how that runs. If BLI is not the way to go, what...
  15. P

    Dcc wiring for one loco

    I'm not familiar with wheel wipers but by your description i don't think my engine has them. My engine is a Broadway Limited (Paragon II). Anyone know if this engine has these wipers? Thanks
  16. P

    Dcc wiring for one loco

    Hey, rail runner. Thanks for the reply. I bought the engine new just a month or so ago. Of course, that probably doesn't preclude the possibility of a dirty motor. If this is the case I will contact the manufacturer. Out of curiosity; how does one clean the motor?
  17. P

    Dcc wiring for one loco

    The good news is this is not another question but an observation. After cleaning the track and loco's wheels I wiped dry and gave some time for air drying. When I first ran the engine it repeatedly stuttered at the slow speeds. For some reason I got the idea to help it up to a much higher speed...
  18. P

    Dcc wiring for one loco

    Thanks, Willie. I have cleaned the engine's wheels and track as thoroughly as I can fathom is needed. Additional feeders will have to wait until the weekend anyway. I'm testing it now but want to give it some time before I post the results so i know that I have a pretty good idea of how it's...
  19. P

    Dcc wiring for one loco

    Thanks, iron horseman. I will go back and clean the wheels again and make sure the track is clean and dry. I'll let you know how I made out and add more feeders ASAP. Thanks again
  20. P

    Dcc wiring for one loco

    I know I have submitted more questions than anything else since I've joined this forum so I apologize for asking yet another. As a beginner I do try to contribute but my lack of experience tends to dissuade me from doing so. Having access to almost instant opinions from more experienced and...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top