ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
C
Little Update.
Tonight i got the backdrop building set in place, and did some scenicing around that. I dropped in the parking lot, as well with which isnt done, ill be getting curbs, and a chain link fence from BLMA to detail that.
Enjoy.
-
C
If i do scratch build I'll use 3" PVC, and have them around 25 or 30 scale feet. And I want to be able to transport it for when I'm moving or just to show as a demo to any one, friends family etc...
-
C
Yep, very small indeed, another point I forgot to mention was I want it to be transportable and be able to have a small train continuously running. The more I think about it the more in leaning towards building my own Plant. I think my other industry will be some sort of packaging plant. I have...
-
C
Ive built a very small HO layout to dabble in HO scale modeling.
2' 6" wide x 4' 6" long
Max radius 11" :D small diesels and rolling stock only!
This baby is small but im going to pack it full of detail!
So far what you will see here is part of the backdrop install and, some ballasting and...
-
C
Appreciate it guys, this week im going to begin building my next background building, this one will be a little bigger, I'll be sure to post pics.
-
C
Thanks Hudson, it really did make it pop.
-
C
Yes, clapboards it is guys, and I thought i had saw them horizontally before and went with the route. I am pleased with the results though, here soon I'm going to start another for the opposite end.
-
C
It's painted along with a finish of weathering powders, and thanks.
-
C
This is HO scale, i wanted to try something simple and i need two background buildings for my small HO project, so i figured id start with that. Its constructed with styrene, and the roof details are spare parts id had laying around as well as the doors at the bays. Right now its just seated...
-
C
Looks good, I like the color choices.
-
C
Paper Mill - 20 and 3/4 x 11 and 3/4 x 8 and 3/4
Boiler House - 11 and 3/4 x 8 x 18
And jbak bust it out man, do it up.
I forgot the exact demonsions but it's like 20ft long with a 4ft square at either end for the return loops.
-
C
HO scale, used and abused. Enjoy.
-
C
Was able to get on the computer was using the iphone earlier, heres a few that i didnt have to resize, enjoy.
-
C
We bought them separate at different times, the other building is called the Recovery Boiler House.
-
C
I'm working on the rest and sorry to hear its on back order, a local shop had one luckily, and thanks its turned out nice so far.
-
C
Here is a kit I almost have finished for a friend of mine, a little roof detailing is all that's left, and some weathering, enjoy.
http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/74074799@N05/6921509536/
http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/74074799@N05/7067571551/...
-
C
I glued the foam to my benchwork first (only the tabletop portion) and then used a sawzaw with a fine tooth metal blade and trimmed it using the edge of the table as a guide, makes a surprisingly nice cut and after all when it's said and done the foam edges will be covered by your trim or fascia.
-
C
Oil spills and such are a good idea didn't cross my mind I'll have to try that out, tonight or tomorrow I'm going to go out and get some more trucks and vehicles, to many choices lol to easy to drain the bank account lol...:D
-
C
It's actually poster board painted "UP Dark Grey" along with some black weathering powders, it's pretty convincing. Once I get it striped and have parking carbs down it will look much better.
-
C
Got some ballast down on the lines between the buildings. Still needs glued, but its in place. Was tedious, wish i would have ballasted then laid the parking lots but turned out nice regardless. Hope you all Enjoy.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)