ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Ive built a very small HO layout to dabble in HO scale modeling.
2' 6" wide x 4' 6" long
Max radius 11"

small diesels and rolling stock only!
This baby is small but im going to pack it full of detail!
So far what you will see here is part of the backdrop install and, some ballasting and scenery.
The building you see in the back drop is scratch built and can be found in my other thread here:
http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27688
And the one in the foreground is a Heljan Concor series kit.
Main industry will be Medusa Cement (may scratch build my own still undecided) as for the other industry still not decided as well.
ENJOY!
That sure is a small HO layout...lol. Might have went with a switching style layout. Would have got more track down and still have plenty of room for scenery. Looks good though
I like it, cement cars will look fine on the sharp curves.
I've seen switching areas stuck in tight places.
I like the Medusa cement kit but after building that last structure you could easily scratchbuild something with pipes for silos.
Yep, very small indeed, another point I forgot to mention was I want it to be transportable and be able to have a small train continuously running. The more I think about it the more in leaning towards building my own Plant. I think my other industry will be some sort of packaging plant. I have some small 40' boxcars already that would run.
Sorry to get off topic alittle bit but what diameter do you guys think these silos might be, and height wise?
Like rico said i think it may be fairly easy to scratch build what you guys are talking about. Nice layout you have planned out btw. Do you plan on bringing your layout to shows or why do you need to transport the layout?
Max radius 11"

small diesels and rolling stock only!
Looks like a great opportunity to run an industrial switcher in diesel or steam. I like it!
If i do scratch build I'll use 3" PVC, and have them around 25 or 30 scale feet. And I want to be able to transport it for when I'm moving or just to show as a demo to any one, friends family etc...
Little Update.
Tonight i got the backdrop building set in place, and did some scenicing around that. I dropped in the parking lot, as well with which isnt done, ill be getting curbs, and a chain link fence from BLMA to detail that.
Enjoy.
what radius are r the curves looks good tho, what is the dimensions?
ty
mark
what radius are r the curves looks good tho, what is the dimensions?
ty
mark
The first post in the thread says "2' 6" wide x 4' 6" long. Max radius 11"
Smile,
Stein
also what type of switches are used?
ty
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)