Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. kc5gxl

    Weathing attempt

    Davidfd85; I think your bucket is spot on as far the shiny bottom parts for a lightly used bucket. I also like the arms and how you have the chrome on the cylinders. I can see where the scratches might be a bit heavy, but who knows who was around to help load the car, and when or where it got...
  2. kc5gxl

    Constucting my 1st walk around layout.

    Sounds good to me Joed! LOL Hope it's iced down! Great looking set of bridges Will! I am sure it will be one of the focal points of your layout. I see a lot of photo ops coming soon! GT Dan
  3. kc5gxl

    Constucting my 1st walk around layout.

    Hey Will; I sure understand about still kicking around ideas for your layout! I still don't have a finalized plan either, but today I am going to put down a 2 track staging area behind the door. Not much, but it is a start! Good luck on your layout. Wanna see lots and lots of photos once you...
  4. kc5gxl

    Hello From Louisiana

    Hey Kool; What part of LA you live in? I know that Lk Charles has a club, and so does Shreveport. I would imagine that NO has at least one club too! Welcome to the group. I hope you enjoy your stay as much as I do mine! Happy railroading, GT Dan
  5. kc5gxl

    Constucting my 1st walk around layout.

    Cool Will! Sounds like you are gonna have one large layout! What era are you thinking about? You are correct to do this now that you have started construction. Keep us updated, and show us some pics when you can! ;) GT Dan Orange Texas
  6. kc5gxl

    Some of My Trains

    Looks good akre! Looks like you have most eras covered from WWII to the present. Are these DCC equipped, sound? How big is your layout? It looks fairly larger from the shots you have posted. Thanks for sharing, GT Dan
  7. kc5gxl

    Jig for drilling holes for grab irons?

    And your wish was my command! http://www.blmamodels.com/cgi-bin/webstore/shop.cgi?c=search.blue.htm&t=main.blue.htm&categories=01001-00010 GT Dan
  8. kc5gxl

    my first kit

    Good on you Jim! I am sure you will find building is a great way to enjoy part of the hobby. I know I do. Not sure where you will be getting those older kits, but I get my Branchline, and others, from JS Geare. Great prices and quick service. I sometimes buy from him to get cars just to...
  9. kc5gxl

    Dioramas

    Looks good here along the Texas Upper Gulf Coast! GT Dan
  10. kc5gxl

    Show Your Face

    OK guys, you asked for it. Here is a photo of me when I am not playing trains! Now be good...for goodness sake! Santa
  11. kc5gxl

    I Need to sell trains

    Ebay? Bonanza? In the forums that allow sales? Just a couple of thoughts, Good luck, GT Dan
  12. kc5gxl

    Dioramas

    Awesome! GT Dan
  13. kc5gxl

    Scratch building a plate girder bridge (warning: lots of pics!)

    Great build and photo tutorial! Thanks for letting us ride along! GT Dan Orange Texas
  14. kc5gxl

    Finally got my layout started

    Looks like a good start! I look forward to seeing this progress into a nice layout. :) Happy railroading, Dan Harriman :cool: Orange Texas
  15. kc5gxl

    Are you an NMRA Member?

    I am a member, albeit like you, I joined last year via the rail pass, then in Jan of this year joined for a year. Some of the reasons I joined are: 1. I like their magazine 2. I want to work towards becoming a MMR 3. National organization to help keep standards up to par 4. I have a sense of...
  16. kc5gxl

    Scratch Built Trestle

    Maybe also a boardwalk and railing parallel to the tracks. Nice job. Happy railroading, Dan Harriman Orange Texas
  17. kc5gxl

    A&D Railroad (Our new layout)

    Trainfan9519; Looks like a great start. I am certain it will only get better as it progresses. One thing though, your workbench is ENTIRELY TOO CLEAN!!!! LOL Thanks for sharing the progress so far. Looking to see more 'installments' in the near future. Happy railroading, Dan Harriman...
  18. kc5gxl

    Layout "theory"

    quote: "The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity" -Abraham Lincoln end quote: Hey Patrick; I like your signature line! LOL! Happy railroading, Dan Harriman modeling the GTW circa 1976ish in Orange Texas




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top