Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. A

    FEC aggregate car painting color?

    I'd like to paint some Walthers aggregate cars into FEC red scheme. I'm wondering which number should I buy? (Racing Finish specifically, or other brands)
  2. A

    Kato HO Scale P42 coupler question

    I just bought a Kato P42DC (HO Scale) from ebay. However, the rear coupler was broken during shipping. The seller sent me a kadee coupler instead because he doesn't have Kato couplers in stock. I'm now wondering if kadee can fit Kato's P42s. If so, how could I replace it as I didn't find...
  3. A

    HO Scale display cabinet?

    Thank you sir. I'll look for a longer one or do it myself.
  4. A

    HO Scale display cabinet?

    I'm looking for a display cabinet/shelf/case for my 6 HO scale train sets. I found on ebay/Amazon that most of the display cabinets are 38 inches long. My train set contains 3 Amfleet cars and a P42. I don't think they can fit 38-inch cabinet. What is the best size of my train set?
  5. A

    Intermountain ES44 DC mode slow?

    Thanks everybody's answer. Now I'm considering switch to DCC....
  6. A

    Intermountain ES44 DC mode slow?

    All my locomotives are DC.
  7. A

    Intermountain ES44 DC mode slow?

    I just bought a new Intermountain ES44AC in DC/DCC ready mode. I'm using Railpower 1300 as the power pack. My other locomotives run at 35mph, but ES44AC starts running at almost 75mph, though the lights go on at 30mph. I don't know if anyone else has the same problem.
  8. A

    Es44ac

    I'd like to buy an ES44AC. I know Athearn has this model, but does Athearn ES44AC have operating ditch lights?
  9. A

    Curve radius for passenger trains?

    Thanks everybody!
  10. A

    Curve radius for passenger trains?

    I have a lot of curve tracks with 18'' radius. They are definitely no good for long passenger cars. I'm wondering what is the best radius to run passenger trains. Thanks!
  11. A

    Amtrak Phase V P42

    I'm wondering if Athearn is still producing P42 in Amtrak Phase V painting scheme?
  12. A

    Help: Athearn or MTH

    Thanks everybody! I finally got an MTH DCC ready SD70M-2 in FEC painting scheme. It is really nice. The details are not bad, particularly it has operating front ditch lights and dummy rear ditch lights! It runs smoothly, silently on the tracks. I also want to try Athearn in the future. :)
  13. A

    Help: Athearn or MTH

    I also heard that MTH's SD70M-2 models (NS, FEC) have rear ditch lights. Is that true?
  14. A

    Help: Athearn or MTH

    Hmmmm. I see. Well, it is still hard to make a decision. :o
  15. A

    Help: Athearn or MTH

    Thanks! So what's the performance difference between LED and bulb? Another thing is that MTH version has front headlight, while Athearn version has nose headlight. Which one is the main stream in real SD70ACe?
  16. A

    Help: Athearn or MTH

    Thanks! I run DC, so I'm more care about the details. How's detail of MTH?
  17. A

    Help: Athearn or MTH

    What's the price difference between these two? For DC, I know Athearn is asking for $189, how about MTH?
  18. A

    Help: Athearn or MTH

    Good point! And I also checked out that Athearn's FEC painting scheme will be on-the-shelf in late July, and CSX is coming late September.
  19. A

    Help: Athearn or MTH

    Thank you! It seems that Athearn is really better than MTH. Do you know when Athearn will have FEC or Norfolk Southern painting scheme on SD70M-2?
  20. A

    Help: Athearn or MTH

    I'd like to buy an SD70ACe or SD70M-2 model (DC/DCC ready). I know both Athearn and MTH have these engines. I also searched a little bit for the comparisons. It seems that Athearn did a better job in the details, especially the realistic-looking ditchlights. But the problem is that Athearn only...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top