Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. P

    Bachmann HO - DCC / I want sound now

    Response from Bachmann "Hello, You should be able to us the chip you have pictured. Thank you Rodney"
  2. P

    Bachmann HO - DCC / I want sound now

    Update on status I'm getting desperate, because I'm kinda a lost sheep. I was trying to figure out an easier way to get sound onto my Bachmann GP7 EMD 567. I have done some research so and here's more questions? I noticed that the GP7, factory circuit board you can install an 8-Pin Plugin...
  3. P

    Automotive Decal

    By the way.... I'm not using these in stickers illegally to make my Automobile look likes it belongs the company. I have got several other Labels and Stickers on my 2010 - Toyota Corolla CE
  4. P

    Automotive Decal

    Does anyone know where I can get a Railroad Themed Decal and apply it to my Automobile? Regards, Ryan
  5. P

    Installing Soundtraxxx Tsunami TSU-1000

    Hmm..... I will definitely try those suggestions out first and speak to my local Railroad Model Hobby shop before I proceed, because I don't intend to short out anything yet. I haven't ran this engine yet on a Straight DC layout, because I have just replaced all the broken gears and have oiled...
  6. P

    Installing Soundtraxxx Tsunami TSU-1000

    Here is the excerpt from Soundtraxx for the dimensions "This small 1 watt oval speaker is a tiny 0.56" wide, 1.00" long and just 0.19" deep (14mm x 25mm x 5.2mm). Frequency Response: 750 – 3.5k Hz. It is perfect for narrow hood diesels and anywhere else where space is at a premium!"
  7. P

    Installing Soundtraxxx Tsunami TSU-1000

    Speaker Does anyone know where I can pick up this type of speaker, this was suggested on tsunami's website.
  8. P

    Installing Soundtraxxx Tsunami TSU-1000

    Hello, I need help for installing a Soundtraxxx Tsunami TSU-1000 on a Proto 2000 GP7 (picture shows: Erie Railroad), but the model that I actually have is a Canadian National GP7 in the Olive and Yellow Paint Scheme. It currently has, what looks like a 8-PIN plug and play board. I think I...
  9. P

    Decoder for HO Athearn RTR Amtrak P42 Locomotive

    I think I got it I think I got it after referring to TCS home page with lots of diagrams for installation on my VIA P42 #916. Just a cheapo, but no alternating lights, but in the future probably sound. Regards, Promagstyle
  10. P

    Decoder for HO Athearn RTR Amtrak P42 Locomotive

    Trial Run I'll report back here after I do the first trial run at the Clubs DCC Layout.
  11. P

    Decoder for HO Athearn RTR Amtrak P42 Locomotive

    Help with Atearn P42 I have recently installed one of the "TCS T1" with a Limited Edition Athearn Collectibles P42 Genesis VIA RAIL #916. (P42DVIA.jpg) - Please see attachment However I was advised to remove something or rather takeoff a "fake jumper" after I install...
  12. P

    Hello from Alberta

    Welcome from Toronto, Ontario! I live near the old Canadian Northern Line that used to run north on the Uxbridge Line.
  13. P

    Decoder for HO Athearn RTR Amtrak P42 Locomotive

    Does anyone know why I was told by georgestrains to remove the fake jumper, looks like a eight pin socket, so it will not fry my Athearn P42DC VIA Rail 916?
  14. P

    Walthers Trainline GP9M DCC Conversion

    Can you gentlemen post a picture of the modifications to the GP9 so I can have and idea what parts to shave and what not to destroy. Thanks
  15. P

    Walthers Trainline GP9M DCC Conversion

    Hello all, I spotted a spare Walthers Trainline GP9M Canadian National #4497 in my local hobby shop. The owner of the hobby shop advised me that this is RTR = Ready to Run however its DC. What sound decoder would work best to make this engine DCC compatible and has anyone tried to convert DC...
  16. P

    Bowser Trailer Train help

    Thanks CP9302 and funnelfan for your input, I will try it that way when I have the time to do so.
  17. P

    Bowser Trailer Train help

    Hello, I recently purchased two Bowser Trailer kits, which I am very satisfied with after I put them together and ran them on my layout for the first time. However there have been a few difficult issues that I needed to get resolved on a later date when I get more funding from my...
  18. P

    Paint removal

    How about removing epoxy that has dried especially on a flatcar? I tried using Testors ELO on my CN Rivarossi passenger car, but it didn't even work. *cries.* Is it time to use brake fluid, because I tried everything from 99% Alcohol, Pine-Sol, Testors ELO?
  19. P

    Paint removal

    I don't have 91% alcohol, but I have 99% alcohol. Is it okay to use, but dilute it with water... Or will it kill my Rivarossi Passenger Car?
  20. P

    Bachmann HO - DCC / I want sound now

    Hi Folks, Thanks for all the good feedback and the suggestions. I took a screw driver to the bottom of the fuel tank and "behold"; It was exactly what was being sold on the Bachmann eStore, but without any holes for the sound to get through the fuel tank...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top