Decoder for HO Athearn RTR Amtrak P42 Locomotive

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


I believe what your Hobby Shop was telling you was that you need to take off the jumper plug that's attached to the 9pin harness. The white part will separate from the gray jumper. If you pull it off, you'll expose the 9pin plug that you can hook up your TCS T1 decoder to. You do not need to, nor should you, remove the 8 pin plug (the pin with the holes in it) for successful DCC operation.
 
Trial Run

I believe what your Hobby Shop was telling you was that you need to take off the jumper plug that's attached to the 9pin harness. The white part will separate from the gray jumper. If you pull it off, you'll expose the 9pin plug that you can hook up your TCS T1 decoder to. You do not need to, nor should you, remove the 8 pin plug (the pin with the holes in it) for successful DCC operation.

I'll report back here after I do the first trial run at the Clubs DCC Layout.
 
I think I got it

I'll report back here after I do the first trial run at the Clubs DCC Layout.

I think I got it after referring to TCS home page with lots of diagrams for installation on my VIA P42 #916. Just a cheapo, but no alternating lights, but in the future probably sound.

Regards,

Promagstyle
 


I think I got it after referring to TCS home page with lots of diagrams for installation on my VIA P42 #916. Just a cheapo, but no alternating lights, but in the future probably sound.

Regards,

Promagstyle

Hey when you get around to doing the sound, I recommend watching this guy's install series on youtube. You dont have to add the ditch lights and reverse lights as he did, but the sound install has some idiosencracies on this engine that its best to use the 'watch and do' technique to install.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnF5aWuwZxU
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top