Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. N

    Atlas vs Microtrains couplers: is Atlas as good?

    The bent pins look bad plus they come out to easily and you can't put them back unless you heat up the pin and force it back into place. I like the idea of hight adjusting pins on the MT couplers.
  2. N

    Atlas vs Microtrains couplers: is Atlas as good?

    You can't adjust the uncoupling pins on the Atlas or Athearn couplers. This is the reason I use MT couplers.
  3. N

    Atlas vs Microtrains couplers: is Atlas as good?

    Same as accumate's with a little spring on the couplers side.
  4. N

    Atlas vs Microtrains couplers: is Atlas as good?

    I prefer MT couplers I have a double crossing on my layout and the accumate's tend to hang up at this crossing. I never have any issues with MT couplers at this crossing.
  5. N

    New guy

    I did have a few locos that I weathered but they are harder to sell or trade, so I left most of them like new.
  6. N

    New guy

    More motive power.... :D
  7. N

    New guy

    Here is some of my motive power. :D
  8. N

    New guy

    I run a variety of rolling stock, in the pic I just have those cars in front of the mine for switching. Thanks for the welcome.
  9. N

    New guy

    Thank you for the welcome Jeff. Here are a few sneak peak pics of my layout. The first pic is the mining section, the second is the farm the third is an oil refinery and the fourth is a pic of a small station I have some backgrounds that I have not set up yet that is next. I haven't done much...
  10. N

    New guy

    I'm new here and I model in N scale. A little about myself I'm married have a three yr. old son and live in an area that's been hit hard by the crappy economy. I model CSX and U.P. of course I run other road names on my layout like C&O/B&O, Chessie and GM&O but CSX and U.P. are my main roads I...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top