New guy

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Nbuilder

New Member
I'm new here and I model in N scale. A little about myself I'm married have a three yr. old son and live in an area that's been hit hard by the crappy economy. I model CSX and U.P. of course I run other road names on my layout like C&O/B&O, Chessie and GM&O but CSX and U.P. are my main roads I run. My layout is a 4x8 size and its also my first layout that is almost complete. Back in the early nineties I had a simpler layout but I went away to college and I disassembled the layout. Many years later in 2007 to be specific we purchased a home and I had some limited space in the attic so I took advantage of it and I started building a new layout. I had no specific layout I wanted to build so I made my own so its just a freelanced layout. So with time I will post pics of my layout. :D
 
Thank you for the welcome Jeff. Here are a few sneak peak pics of my layout. The first pic is the mining section, the second is the farm the third is an oil refinery and the fourth is a pic of a small station I have some backgrounds that I have not set up yet that is next. I haven't done much over the summer cause I always take a break to go fishing and spend more time with family. I will get back to doing more scenery as the summer winds down. I also built a few locos here and there and some rolling stock. I will post pics of those also. :D
 


Looks like a good start, I see you like short cars. :) It all looks very clean, very well done so far. Welcome to the forum.
 
Looks like a good start, I see you like short cars. :) It all looks very clean, very well done so far. Welcome to the forum.

I run a variety of rolling stock, in the pic I just have those cars in front of the mine for switching. Thanks for the welcome.
 
Here is some of my motive power. :D

attachment.php


attachment.php


attachment.php


attachment.php
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I did have a few locos that I weathered but they are harder to sell or trade, so I left most of them like new.
 
Last edited by a moderator:




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top