Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. Jbuck

    under table turn out switches

    What type of switches are you using?
  2. Jbuck

    Middlesex Manufacturing

    The building looks great. You have an awesome layout!
  3. Jbuck

    Weekend Photo Fun 30-31-1

    Josh, Great shots of the ATSF 3751. I saw her at the Fullerton Railroad Days a few weeks back. Pretty awesome! I wish I could have seen her in action. Regards, James
  4. Jbuck

    Happy New 2008

    Thanks for a great place to "hang out". Happy New Year everyone!
  5. Jbuck

    Milwaukee Road / Grand Trunk Coil Car

    Awesome work!
  6. Jbuck

    Quality of track between the different companies

    My entire layout consists of Atlas Code 83 Flex Track with Atlas Code 83 Custom-Line turnouts. So far, everything runs great and the price was right.
  7. Jbuck

    What do you think of this scenery kit

    The link takes me to an empty shopping cart. Am I missing something?
  8. Jbuck

    best paint to use

    I had a bad experience using compressed air when I painted my last diorama. The air flow was inconsistent which caused the paint to spatter. Hooking my airbrush up to my compressor fixed the problem. I would not recommend compressed air.
  9. Jbuck

    Locomotive Lubricant

    Thanks everyone for your comments. The use of automatic transmission fluid is very intriguing.
  10. Jbuck

    Locomotive Lubricant

    This weekend, I am going to purchase a lubricant for my locomotives. Can anyone recommend a particular brand?
  11. Jbuck

    Under Construction - Birmingham UK

    Incredible work, Jim! I'm thoroughly impressed by your craftsmanship.
  12. Jbuck

    Loud Alco PA-1

    My local hobby shop said that the loud engine noise and the jerky deceleration of my Marklin-Trix Alco PA-1 may be attributed to the engine's Selectrix decoder and my Zephyr DCC controller. Does anyone have any experience with this configuration?
  13. Jbuck

    Loud Alco PA-1

    Thanks, Jim
  14. Jbuck

    Loud Alco PA-1

    Recently, I purchased a beautiful Marklin-Trix Alco PA-1 engine. It seems to be built very well but when I run it, I am less than impressed. The motors are very loud and it doesn't seem to run as smooth as most of my other engines. Does anyone have any experience with these engines? Is this...
  15. Jbuck

    Sound decoder %

    Of my nine DCC engines, only two of my engines (steam) have sound and I run them with my non-sound diesel engines all the time. My layout is small (6.5 x 8) so I reduce the volume by approximately 40% although, my son loves to crank them up when he runs them.
  16. Jbuck

    First HO Scale Layout

    Sounds great to me, Jim. Thanks for the info. :)
  17. Jbuck

    Weekend foto fun 16-17-18... Almost time for turkey!

    Great images, everyone! It's hard to tell what our dialect is here in Southern California since most people don't speak English ;)
  18. Jbuck

    Operating HO scale ground throws?

    I have a couple of "Caboose Industries - Switch Stand with Lantern & Target" manual switches. They work very well and I like the way they look.
  19. Jbuck

    The layout

    Great layout! Do you know who made the truss bridge?
  20. Jbuck

    First HO Scale Layout

    My brother and his family and my parents have all moved to Northern Colorado from California in the past 3 years. They bought beautiful homes with full basements at a fraction of the cost I paid for my house (tiny lot, high taxes). No traffic, clean air, beautiful surroundings, great schools...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top