Weekend foto fun 16-17-18... Almost time for turkey!

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


that looks good Chip!
just like real!
btw: I know it is still under construction...but are you not afraid that the hump yard switchers could be seriously damaged by walking along the layout to close to the edge...clothes etc..?
or will there be made a "protection shield"

Jos
 
that looks good Chip!
just like real!
btw: I know it is still under construction...but are you not afraid that the hump yard switchers could be seriously damaged by walking along the layout to close to the edge...clothes etc..?
or will there be made a "protection shield"

Jos

Yes I am, although I am in a corner and foot traffic is minimal. I plan to box the controls so that just the top is sticking out. It will follow the level of the fascia. It will protrude enough that a Digitrax UT5 (throttle plug) can be mounted there as well and the throttles will hang on either side of the protrusion. Also at that level of protrusion will be the car card racks.

But still, I bumped them last night and those screws just are not that strong.
 
Chip, that is looking fantastic. I think you are doing a super job on this one! Let us know how the Humpyard levers work out for you. I think they may be just what I am looking for to replace the Caboose Industries throws made to be realistic in G scale on my HO yard at Hopewell Junction.
 


Great images, everyone! It's hard to tell what our dialect is here in Southern California since most people don't speak English ;)
 
I've always liked the idea of the Hump yard levers. But with the way my layout is laid out most of the throws are to far away from the turnouts. Would be very difficult to work them in. They look good mouse , They are going to work well for your setup.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top