Loud Alco PA-1

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Jbuck

Member
Recently, I purchased a beautiful Marklin-Trix Alco PA-1 engine. It seems to be built very well but when I run it, I am less than impressed. The motors are very loud and it doesn't seem to run as smooth as most of my other engines. Does anyone have any experience with these engines? Is this common for a Marklin-Trix engine or did I get a lemon? :confused:
 
No, this is not common at all. Trix engines tend to run very smoothly and quietly. The smoothness of their powertrain is one of the things they are noted for. I would try to exchange it or have it repaired under warranty.
 


My local hobby shop said that the loud engine noise and the jerky deceleration of my Marklin-Trix Alco PA-1 may be attributed to the engine's Selectrix decoder and my Zephyr DCC controller. Does anyone have any experience with this configuration?
 
I don't buy that explanation. I don't have that type of decoder or controller but I've never seen an engine made worse by DCC. Have you tried running it on straight DC and see if there's a difference?
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top