Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. S

    How do you cover foam board?

    I went with N to get more out of my space. Was an HO guy before. First time dealing with N, I wake up everyday and wonder if I've screwed up.
  2. S

    How do you cover foam board?

    I finally have my bench work finished on my N scale layout. It's massive. 14 feet long, 4 feet wide (first 8 feet), and 8 feet wide for the last 6 feet. Does that make sense? It's an L shape. my question is about the foam board. I will have cork roadbeds on top of the foam, but how do you all...
  3. S

    Anyone ever use this?

    Thanks for the advice! I'm close to getting started on my layout! I'll be buying this!
  4. S

    This May be stupid but...

    I was just trying to be practical and use all this scrap wood I have. I don't have to use it at all. It was just a thought since I've got a ton of it. Thanks for the advice!
  5. S

    Anyone ever use this?

    Found it on eBay. I think it's worth it to try it out.
  6. S

    This May be stupid but...

    When using the scrap wood I'll mainly use it as my base and use newspaper to shape the mountains. I just think it would be silly to stack foam when I have some scrap wood around for the first couple of inches. Thanks for your advice!
  7. S

    Anyone ever use this?

    ??????????????
  8. S

    This May be stupid but...

    I am in the process of building my bench work for my FIRST layout. I recently had 40 feet of stairs built and have a ton of leftover scrap lumber. I'm going to use some of this for my bench work. My question is, and it may seem silly, but since I have all this scrap could I stack it to build...
  9. S

    Paper Buildings

    ??? Anyone use it?
  10. S

    Paper Buildings

    The Evan designs software. http://www.modeltrainsoftware.com
  11. S

    Paper Buildings

    Ok, so I've read a little bit on the forum about the model train software. Anyone use this very often? Also, can you import your own pictures to build models with this software? thanks!
  12. S

    T Shirts and Glue

    I think the post I saw said they used regular Elmer's glue, bought it in like a 5 gallon bucket. Also, I have plenty of t shirts.
  13. S

    T Shirts and Glue

    I ran across a thread here yesterday where some suggested using old t shirts and glue instead of paper towels/plaster cloth. has anyone tried this method?
  14. S

    3d Printed Buildings

    Nvrr49 do you sell these?
  15. S

    Paper Buildings

    Forgive me if this question has been asked, I have looked and I haven't seen it. Does anyone have a program or website they use to print cardstock structures? Thanks!
  16. S

    You have a child into model trains and an extra $2500....

    Thanks again guys for the suggestions. Yes, my son does well with our HO stuff. He has a G scale Polar Express remote set that he likes, but not as much as the HO trains. I never had any interest in trains, but my son is obsessed, which in turn makes me want to build him a layout. As for my...
  17. S

    You have a child into model trains and an extra $2500....

    sorry for the non participation...work got kind of crazy the past two weeks as well as my wife and i are purchasing a home...my son is almost 4 now, i havent posted on here in a while..we have several ho engines, rolling stock, with some ez track that we run them on...he doesn't play with...
  18. S

    You have a child into model trains and an extra $2500....

    You have no model train experience and your kid wants a layout...where do you start? i'd like some ideas on what you would do with $2500....floor is open :)
  19. S

    Planning the layout....

    thanks guys, these posts are getting my mind going...thanks!!!
  20. S

    Planning the layout....

    @choops i understand there are millions of answers, i just want to know how you guys go about starting your layout, where you shop, where you buy...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top