Paper Buildings

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Forgive me if this question has been asked, I have looked and I haven't seen it. Does anyone have a program or website they use to print cardstock structures? Thanks!
 
Ok, so I've read a little bit on the forum about the model train software. Anyone use this very often? Also, can you import your own pictures to build models with this software? thanks!
 


I use it, and for the signs, etc, you can import your own graphics. I use one called the Modelers Toolkit from evans, and it has a lot of neat stuff in it. Most of the modules in it lets you import your own graphics, and a couple don't.

Its a bigger unit than the Trans-Station but not as big as their complete set of programs that IIRC, is called ModelBuilder that will let you design your own "paper" buildings. I just looked up what they offer and the software I have is now offered separately, or you can get them all in their complete Tool-Kit, which is different from my tool-kit. Somewhat expensive for all modules.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just ran across this reference to printed buildings to be glued onto card stock to produce a variety of building at a really cheap price.
http://modelrailroadlayoutsandscenery.com/print_out_scenery.html

http://modelrailroadlayoutsandscenery.com/little_kahuna.html

Is anyone doing this for American style structures?

All products are digital - you just download and print out the PDFs, stick them on card, cut them out and stick 'em together. There's no instructions, just a whole lot of fun.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top