Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. J

    2'x15' yard ideas...

    You are doing a really good job on your lay out.I wish I had that kinda room..lol..My wife just gave the basement not all of it just a nuff room for a 4x8..The way I look at it is a start anyways..lol.. Jason
  2. J

    Walthers Code 83 or Atlas Code 100

    I got your PM and I sent you one back.I will check it out 2x15..Like I said before I am a newbie..lol Thanks Jason
  3. J

    Walthers Code 83 or Atlas Code 100

    Thanks for the link Bruce Jason K
  4. J

    Walthers Code 83 or Atlas Code 100

    I am wondering what is the difference between walthers code 83 and Atlas code 100..Which one is better or are both the same just diff names Please let me know Thanks Jason K
  5. J

    DCC Decoder and sound for Athearn GP40 Help

    Thank you for being very helpful.. It well help me out alot Jason K
  6. J

    DCC Decoder and sound for Athearn GP40 Help

    thank you ................
  7. J

    DCC Decoder and sound for Athearn GP40 Help

    Look,I am not perfect as you motley I guess.I am new to this all the DCC stuff I am trying too learn and so far everyone has help me alot on this forum. All I know is the house of trains in Omaha Neb told me they drop in decoders and they sell for 20 bucks.He did not tell me if it had sound or...
  8. J

    DCC Decoder and sound for Athearn GP40 Help

    OH I did some checking it is a MRC. So I am not even going to go there.Well what would you all say is a good name brand in DCC decoder..
  9. J

    DCC Decoder and sound for Athearn GP40 Help

    Motley, I do know that is no drop in sound decoders and I do know they all have to be hard wired in.What I mean is drop in DCC decoders. Plus there is NO DCC installer anywhere around me..I am fairly good with things like that.I have a Hakko 936 with tips so I am no stranger to...
  10. J

    DCC Decoder and sound for Athearn GP40 Help

    It don't have a spot for the speaker.So What do I do now.2 are BB's and the other 2 are RTR's. Thanks Jason
  11. J

    DCC Decoder and sound for Athearn GP40 Help

    Well I found out they do make a drop in for the Athearn I have.But I need to know what sound and speaker sounds good and fits nice.I have a GP38-2,GP40-2,GP60 and a Dash 9.Looking for sound for them.All Athearn. Thanks Jason
  12. J

    Athreans GP40-2 RTR Help on taking the shell off

    I have a Athearn RTR GP40-2.I would like too know how to take off the shell. Please help Jason K
  13. J

    DCC Decoder and sound for Athearn GP40 Help

    Well it is a RTR..And I don't know to much about DCC yet.But what I have seen here is go with a Soundtraxx Tsunami.Where would I get one for my Athearn GP40-2. And is it a drop in or what.. Thansk Jason
  14. J

    Help:I am looking for a Steamer with good smoke

    Where would I find a Paragon 2 Y6B ..And How much for one?
  15. J

    DCC Decoder and sound for Athearn GP40 Help

    I have a Athearn HO GP-40-2.. As you have seen I am going over to DCC here very soon.Is the a drop in decoder for it and I want good sound too. Or what you ppl say would be a really good decoder and sound for it? Thanks Jason K
  16. J

    Soldering Irons

    I have a Hakko too.I love it.I have about 6 diff tips for it.I had it for about 15years.I bought from a TV repair shop I know of.He told me that Hakko is better built then Weller and has more tips you can get for it then a weller.Temp control is perfect everytime.
  17. J

    Help On Dcc

    Looks like I get a NCE Powercab..All of you been very helpful on this matter I have.
  18. J

    Help:I am looking for a Steamer with good smoke

    I have a MTH that smokes,but it needs DCS. I plan on taking it back and find something that is DCC that smokes,I am into UP.So it must smoke with sounds in DCC.I am looking new or used or even a DC one..Being my set up is DC for now.I looked at fea bay and could not find nothing as in used.I...
  19. J

    Help On Dcc

    What model of NCE would you say would be a good one?I am thinking of taking back my MTH and find something that has DCS it would have to be a good smoker,with sound and UP railroad steamer.Model does not matter as long it is a nice steamer price with in reason of Like 300-400 in that price or...
  20. J

    Help On Dcc

    OK with that being said.. What DCC out there that would fit the bill I am looking for I am looking for something simple to set up but I am willing too learn too in a better one.. Thanks Jason




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top