ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
I have 2 things to say about this thread.
1. If you do use a computer power supply make sure you fuse it to the size of the wire you are using. If you were to have a short with the amperages available without a fuse for the size of wire you could cause a fire. Not a good thing.
2. Not all wall...
-
A couple of things.
1. Make sure you are using flux and not Tix anti-flux, which is made to keep solder from sticking in that area.
2. DO NOT use Tix flux on electrical connections as it is an acid flux. Tix flux needs to be washed off or it will keep eating at what was soldered. Electrical...
-
Don't forget to go to Hobby Lobby's website and get your 40% off coupon for one item.
-
They were red. FEC ortner hoppers weathered he same way, to a pink color. If left long enough they fade to a beige color. A couple of years ago Microtrains did an FEC gondola in N scale that was called a beige color, but the car was originally red with yellow lettering that faded to the beige...
-
I reread the OP, I see that now. They have an SP orange and a DR&GW orange colors, don't know if one of those will work.
-
If you looking for black decals why not try Microscale trim film decals. It also comes in different colors so it can be used for patch paint jobs. Shouldn't be any chipping when cutting it.
-
I would also go with a thicker gauge throw wire. You can buy thicker piano wire at your local hobby shop. a thicker wire won't have as much bend for the length of it.
Richard looking at MP 242 while working for the FEC Rwy.
-
When I went to BLI for a sale they had, I brought my PRR M-1 I was having trouble with. I watched the guy work on it and when he put the plug from the tender into the engine he used a really big tweezer to grab the plug and push it in. They probably didn't find the problem you did because they...
-
Try Joanne's fabrics, they have sheets of foam in different thicknesses, most of it is green.
Wal-mart also has foam in the fabric dept. and that is white. It comes rolled up in plastic.
I have bought it to line boxes to carry my trains in.
Richard looking at MP 242 while working for the FEC...
-
Guy wire is the proper term for the cables stabilizing towers, masts, poles etc.
The cables on the car would be tie downs. They also need turnbuckles so they can be tightened. If chains are used then chain binders are needed. A lot of times a solid rod that is threaded on the end is used to...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)