Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. M

    Are the Chinese Watching Us?

    Know what's funny about the Internet? I get shown ads for stuff I ALREADY BOUGHT.
  2. M

    Radius Question

    I used to think N was too small to handle, but I eventually got used to it. Now I can put cars on the track without a Rix Rerailer ramp, and HO seems REALLY BIG to me now. I think N is the new HO and Z is the new N!
  3. M

    Radius Question

    If space is really an issue for you, have you considered Z scale? If you want to be happy and be able to run everything in N scale, I personally recommend nothing smaller than 15" radius. I left HO scale strictly because of the radius issue (I had 18" radius, which is sort of like having 9 3/4"...
  4. M

    Should I go with DCC

    you wil go DCC. The only question you should be asking is "When should I go DCC?" :D
  5. M

    proper weight for a 42 ft flatcar

    NMRA's N-scale standards have nothing to do with rivet counting and everything to do with being an oversimplified translation of HO-scale standards. To make things worse, N scale trains are VASTLY different today than they were when the NMRA created such standards for N-scale. For instance, N...
  6. M

    New old Tyco stuff, what oil ?

    So nobody uses Labelle anymore?
  7. M

    Wassup!

    I have (treatable) glaucoma in one eye and a (mild) cataract in the other...but N scale still suits me just fine :)
  8. M

    Wassup!

    Just joined this forum. Just wanna say hi. I'm 41, from Los Angeles, CA (my username is named after the subway line that runs a few blocks from my house), been modeling for 32 years. Started out HO scale but since 2006, I've followed the gospel of 1:160 and have accepted N as my personal...
  9. M

    proper weight for a 42 ft flatcar

    Add some metal wheelsets. A load would help, that's what flatcars are made for :) Ignore anything the NMRA says regarding N scale. They only care about HO scale. Always have, always will.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top