Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. Dudepants

    Starting over

    Hey Crandell, Good advice, I'll be aware of the space I have. Basically, I did give up a mainline I liked BUT, I based on my new track plan, I will have a longer mainline with hopefully a better ability to vary scenery since it's across longer runs. What I'll potentially add is a little more...
  2. Dudepants

    Starting over

    So does it leak oil or gas? If it's oil, I'd look where the case halves meet, where the cylinder meets the case, where the head meets the cylinder and the oil lines hook up on the vacuum of the carb and the case. Is your's a C110? Is it a 3 speed or a 4?
  3. Dudepants

    Starting over

    Hi Iron Horseman, Side track 1 - My Honda is 4 stroke, the fuel system is really simple, just works on vacuum off the carb with a line from the tank, to the carb to the cylinder. I guess, not having seen your bike I would say try replacing the fuel line and rebuilding the carb. Do you see...
  4. Dudepants

    Starting over

    Well, I did have a 4'x6.5' layout with a main line and a few spurs but like everyone said, I got bored with it rather quickly. What I found is the mainline wasn't a long enough run for what I was looking for. Running trains on it was fun, but once I evaluated the space I was working in, I...
  5. Dudepants

    ledzeppelinfan1's Layout Journal...

    Well, it looks good, can't wait to see some trees in there. My layout (just tore down the old one) will be 9'x6' or 7' (depending what the wife lets me get away with). Donut shaped, so we'll see how it goes. Thanks for the inspiration, I'm really enjoying following your progression!
  6. Dudepants

    ledzeppelinfan1's Layout Journal...

    Looking good. What product are you using for ground cover? Woodland scenics? Seeing the way you have your foam contoured has me rethinking I might do something similar. What are you using for carving? Sorry for all the questions.
  7. Dudepants

    ledzeppelinfan1's Layout Journal...

    Lookin' good Zep!
  8. Dudepants

    ledzeppelinfan1's Layout Journal...

    Alright! Super excited for you, sounds like you've taken a lot of care laying track. Can't wait to see some pics, hahahha!!
  9. Dudepants

    Peco HO code 83 flex track?

    Well shoot, ya can't beat that! I bought a couple packs of track nails and I know they were more than $2!
  10. Dudepants

    ledzeppelinfan1's Layout Journal...

    I love seeing the whole process to be honest. I'm still totally green and this forum is such a good learning tool especially with pics! :p Anyhoo, I'm excited for you and really glad to hear that the Peco flex track has cooperated for you!
  11. Dudepants

    ledzeppelinfan1's Layout Journal...

    Zep, got any pics of your new layout yet? I'd love to see what ya got cooking there.
  12. Dudepants

    Peco HO code 83 flex track?

    Noted. More than likely I'll go that route. I actually like the process of using track nails, but I must admit, gluing gives it a cleaner look.
  13. Dudepants

    Peco HO code 83 flex track?

    Hey LedZep, Thanks for the heads up, any info is much appreciated. Did you tack your track down or use an adhesive? If you glued it, what did you use? Tony - I'm honestly thinking about selling my sectional Atlas after just looking at this Peco stuff. Can't wait to order the turnouts (I...
  14. Dudepants

    Peco HO code 83 flex track?

    Awesome, thanks for the tips Tony! I'm all over it. Based on my SCARM plans, I should have about a mile of scale track, which is about three times as much as I had with my 4x6.5' layout. Also the minimum curves will be between 22 and 24". I'll make sure to post pics once I get the bench work...
  15. Dudepants

    Peco HO code 83 flex track?

    So I got my first box of Peco code 83 flex track today. I have to say, I'm REALLY impressed with the quality. Really excited to lay this stuff down but I have to buy my turnouts first which are going to cost an arm and a leg!
  16. Dudepants

    Peco HO code 83 flex track?

    hahahahaha!!!
  17. Dudepants

    Peco HO code 83 flex track?

    Sounds like a common theme, good to know. Seems like Peco is widely available, so I'm going that route.
  18. Dudepants

    Peco HO code 83 flex track?

    Awesome, thanks Motley, I'm sold!
  19. Dudepants

    Peco HO code 83 flex track?

    Thanks Wombat, looks like I have little choice and it sounds like Peco makes good stuff, so I'm taking the plunge!! :D
  20. Dudepants

    Peco HO code 83 flex track?

    Anyone using Peco HO flex track? Thoughts? Looking for an alternative to Atlas, most because I haven't used anything else, would prefer not to use sectional, and Atlas seems like it's still pretty scarce.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top