Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. Dudepants

    Starting over

    So, I'm in the process of laying my track and I've hit kind of a snag: When I cut the flex track, sometimes one of the rails comes off the ties. What is the technique for getting the rail back under the spikes on the rail? Do I have to slide the track back and then under or can you somehow snap...
  2. Dudepants

    My beginner HO layout, 4 x 6 in my garage

    Scott, the water and scenery is looking really good! Cheers!
  3. Dudepants

    bachmann decoders

    yeah, that's what I thought...from a little internet sleuthing, I read a post that says the 44926 is smaller.
  4. Dudepants

    bachmann decoders

    Can anyone tell me what is the difference between bachmann 44926 and 44915 decoders? I can't seem to find that info.... Thanks in advance.
  5. Dudepants

    Starting over

    Just ordered all my turnouts (finally!) so progress will resume next week. I've got a few of my longer sections of track soldered, so I've at least got things started. I also picked up a Bachmann EZ command (on the cheap, I paid $40 and it's still new in the box) so I can start playing with DCC...
  6. Dudepants

    New Layout

    Wow, that's looking great! Nice work.
  7. Dudepants

    24" X 14" Diorama project

    Awesome! Great idea for the left over track and supplies Wombat. Are those Atlas track pieces? ;-) Be cool for displaying a loco, etc.
  8. Dudepants

    Insulfrog question

    Hey Mike, thanks for posting the pic for reference, very handy!
  9. Dudepants

    ledzeppelinfan1's Layout Journal...

    These two shots are my favorite. I think I could literally watch a train pass this scene for hours. Great work!
  10. Dudepants

    ledzeppelinfan1's Layout Journal...

    Woo Hoo! Looking good Zep, can't wait to see all the trees you've put up!
  11. Dudepants

    My beginner HO layout, 4 x 6 in my garage

    Road looks awesome!!
  12. Dudepants

    The wife's HO Atlas layout...

    Looking awesome Wombat, loving the bridge!
  13. Dudepants

    Starting over

    Hey thanks LedZep. I'm not 100% sure on using foam or not. I've been watching a few projects (like yours) where I've seen foam used and liked the results. I guess i'm curious, to the folks that don't use a foam layer, why did they choose not to?
  14. Dudepants

    Starting over

    Benchwork is basically done. A little bracing to do, but here it is. I'm just glad to be one step closer to running some trains again, ha!
  15. Dudepants

    Starting over

    Started the bench work today. Still have to add more supports but I just wanted to get a few sides up to get a better view of how much room I'll have. Hoping to square everything up and finish this step today or tomorrow. In the process I found our basement floor in our 1904 house isn't level...
  16. Dudepants

    ledzeppelinfan1's Layout Journal...

    Wow, that is fast! I'm really excited to see your finished project too, it does sound like you're making some real headway. I'm just starting to build up my benchwork, so I love hearing that someone is getting to the detail stage.
  17. Dudepants

    The wife's HO Atlas layout...

    I gotta agree with lasm, it's looking really good Wombat. That fence is great. I really do enjoy watching the whole process.
  18. Dudepants

    ledzeppelinfan1's Layout Journal...

    Aw, c'mon!!! :)
  19. Dudepants

    ledzeppelinfan1's Layout Journal...

    What Gator said! :D
  20. Dudepants

    Peco HO code 83 flex track?

    For me the real factor was availability. Since I couldn't go down to my LHS and buy Atlas flex track and the only place I seemed to be able to find it was on Fleabay at an inflated price, I went with Peco.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top