Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. B

    So overwhelming really

    Let me ask this, as a beginner, is it even feasible for me to attempt a mountain with a couple different tunnels in it and maybe a helix inside? Or am i thinking way out of my league for a beginner? I can see some coal mining being done and some steel mills around. Plus a small city if at all...
  2. B

    So overwhelming really

    says "page cannot be found"? Also, i assume i would be better off going without this "tru-track"? What is it about this track that amkes it "tru-track"?
  3. B

    So overwhelming really

    Thx to both of you for the input. So i guess before I do anything, I really need to come up with a basic idea of what kind of layout i want, right? If i were to split this twelve feet into, say two sections, make one of them mountainous (for coal industries and whatnot) and maybe make the...
  4. B

    So overwhelming really

    Ok thx for the info on track and advice. So the lower the number, the shorter the rail?
  5. B

    So overwhelming really

    Ok guys, I posted on here a few times back before the holidays and you all were really helpful in helping me pickup mu first train set. I purchased an "N Trainman Train Set" by Atlas and have been really happy with it so far. Of course all I did was put it up for the holidays running through...
  6. B

    Help me understand the Loco terms.

    Oh ok thx. Explains it well for me.
  7. B

    Help me understand the Loco terms.

    I am sure somewhere this is explained, but its so much easier to just ask yo guys. When I am looking at new Locos, they all have 0-8-0 or 0-4-8 or whatever after the name. What exactly do the numbers mean? I am sure this is a very elementary question, but its coming from a very elementary guy...
  8. B

    Gluing tunnels pieces together?

    Ok guys I have built my first, very primitive tunnel out of that green styrofoam board stuff that you buy at walmart or a craft store. Need to attach the pieces somehow. Do I just glue them? If so, what type of glue. Will super glue work? ELmers? Gorilla glue, haha? Basically I am not...
  9. B

    Tunnel making material

    Very similar to what I had pictured except I was just going to use the foam, with the tunnel cut out at the bottom and houses sitting on top of it. I also use the sheet that supposed to look like snow to cover my counter and the tunnel also. WIll consider definetly using PVC, had not thought...
  10. B

    Tunnel making material

    thx guys. definetly knew that I didnt have to have a 4x8 sheet, just knew that I could buy that cheaper than what I was finding at the craft stores. Thx again!
  11. B

    Tunnel making material

    Ok guys. I am very new to this and my first set is to arrive on Wednesday of this week. My question is of course about tunnels. I have seen i think that some of them are made from carving the tunnel out of the hard foam sheets one can buy at craft stores or wherever. This train will run...
  12. B

    Question about Buildings.

    Yea I am sure I will need a higher quality train and more track before too much of anything else. I am sure the Locos that come in the sets are not up to par with alot of the others. This will definetly allow me to test it all though. I am really excited about getting it. WIsh now I would...
  13. B

    Question about Buildings.

    Roll TIDE!! Have checked out the Walthers site but not spent alot of time there. Will look some more. Thx
  14. B

    Question about Buildings.

    WOW....All I "HAD to have" was a train set. Now its blown up into wanting all kinds of things. Takes me back to when I used to put together model cars and airplanes alot. I can tell this is going to be alot of fun. Thx again for all the info! WIll check out the For sale section.
  15. B

    Question about Buildings.

    Ok, maybe this should be in a different section, not sure. But since I bought an N scale set, I thought I should be posting everything here. This is about the buildings (houses, factories, warehouses, etc..). I had no idea that these things came in kits and had to be built and painted! Thats...
  16. B

    Help me choos a new beginner set?

    Well, being I ordered an N scale, I thought I would post what I bought: My First Train I am sure it wont be here till next week. Looking very much forward to it though!
  17. B

    Recommend me a new beginner set?

    :D No doubt about it. I am sure I wont get this till next week, but it was like 35 bucks to have it overnighted. I am as impatient as can be but I went with the 2-5 days shipping. Not sure where this company ships from but am definetly looking forward to it!
  18. B

    Recommend me a new beginner set?

    Ordered! Thx guys. Now what should I know ahead of me putting this simple thing together? LOL
  19. B

    Recommend me a new beginner set?

    GREAT! I am fixing to order the set/track in discussion. And ya know, just because I order this set does not mean that I cant order an HO size soon.
  20. B

    Recommend me a new beginner set?

    Is this worth it? I mean is it a good deal really? I will order it tonight if you guys think so. What else would I need? Maybe some of that 3' flex track (I think its call flex track)? Also, this track is code 65 which if I remember rt is the height of the rail? So I assume that all my...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top