Ok guys. I am very new to this and my first set is to arrive on Wednesday of this week. My question is of course about tunnels. I have seen i think that some of them are made from carving the tunnel out of the hard foam sheets one can buy at craft stores or wherever.
This train will run (out of scale) thru my christmas village initially. I need a tunnel on the back side that a few of my houses can also sit on top of. I had planned on getting some of that foam, glueing two together one on tope of the other and carving out my first ever tunnel. I have seen guys on youtube using huge pieces, like 4x8 and cutting them down. All i can find is pieces like 1x2 feet. And its about 10-12 bucks a sheet. Thats at a Michaels or whatnot. Got to be a better place or material to use. Any help here for an N scale tunnel?
thx!
This train will run (out of scale) thru my christmas village initially. I need a tunnel on the back side that a few of my houses can also sit on top of. I had planned on getting some of that foam, glueing two together one on tope of the other and carving out my first ever tunnel. I have seen guys on youtube using huge pieces, like 4x8 and cutting them down. All i can find is pieces like 1x2 feet. And its about 10-12 bucks a sheet. Thats at a Michaels or whatnot. Got to be a better place or material to use. Any help here for an N scale tunnel?
thx!
