Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. C

    Ideas needed for layout Corn in Nebraska

    Problem is there are no suppliers of N-Guage 'corn', HO and Z sure, N no. HO is too large, Z too small. Still looking, right now I am down to cutting down to individual rows of a natural fiber 'rug' that I found at home depot, and dieing it green.
  2. C

    KATO track issues

    I have over 190feet of KATO track laid already, not secured yet, but formed for layout main line outer loops. Passing lanes, station turnouts, freight yard, and maintenance yard, all done and all having rough joints to dremel. Inner spaghetti loops to come. Issue is there seems to be a lot of...
  3. C

    Ideas needed for layout Corn in Nebraska

    We just got back from a local train show, and the wife is all set to make her little Nebraska town on the layout. She found everything she needed to replicate our 'farm' and close to her little hometown in NE Nebraska. Now being in Nebraska we have an issue. You can readily find Z and HO...
  4. C

    DCC Wiring

    After much reading and research yesterday decesion is made. The outer loops and accociated yards and passing lines will be DCC. A totally isolated inner loop and spider lines will be just DC. From what I have read, and your comments gentleman, it appears totally seperate and isolated DC...
  5. C

    DCC Wiring

    New to DCC, my expierience was with anolog and the Arnold block system in the early 80's. I have the outer twin track loops layed and blocked. Now a few questions. In the crossovers do the two circuits need to be isolated, the inner loop, isolated from the outer loop. Isolating the passing...
  6. C

    talk about a find !!!! w0w

    Actually the Hawker Hurricane MkI had wooden wings initially, not the Supermarine Spitfire. The Hawker Hurricane MkI was just an enlarged monoplane version of the Hawker Fury bi-plane. The wings were wood framed and canvas, and the fuselage behind the pilot was also wood framed and canvas...
  7. C

    Salvaging old rail

    As I continue to dig through the boxed up just out of the packing crate from 1985 stuff I find all sorts of 'treasures'. Found two boxes of Model Power corkbed, and two boxes of minitrix/atlas flex. As with all my old mini-trix/atlas turnouts (25) all were painted and weathered back in the...
  8. C

    The Start of ALB to LNK

    Right now plan is a North East area transitioning to Mid West. Going to run AMTRAK between the two areas, with D&H, ConRail and CN in North East, and UP, BNSF in Mid West.
  9. C

    The Start of ALB to LNK

    Just a start, budgeted beginning. All this just experimental as I relearn the tricks of the trade, and see what's still workable from my old stuff. A lot of 'bomb' damage on the buildings to fix up. Just a small portion of my buildings as well as German trains. Am going US prototypical, the...
  10. C

    Advice needed

    OK, looking at two options, option A, go Euro/German phase III/IV, or option B, modern American and build a smaller 'German' Board later. Issues: 1. German power unit wheels, and can not be adapted to DCC so I am stuck with analog. 2. Lack of cantenary mast system. I have just enough of the...
  11. C

    Issues in restarting Hobby, Old Euro stuff

    Thx, for vid, the flange skip is what I deal with on the metal wheels of loco's. Already changed all the rolling stock to more modern wheels no issues. According to Trix, and ROCO wheels on loco's can not be changed and design changes means I just can not replace trucks on the older equipment...
  12. C

    Issues in restarting Hobby, Old Euro stuff

    Just back from local RR shop. We tried Bachmann EZ track turnouts, same issue, same measured rail profile, so we were stumped. The 'wobble' of the current power unit wheels mean they are already narrow enough, as there is a very small but you can see it 'wobble', as it travels down track. And...
  13. C

    Issues in restarting Hobby, Old Euro stuff

    I have just unpacked a N-guage collection that has not seen the light of day since 1985. This was my layout and project while I was stationed in Germany in the early 80's. All the track was useless, but the German power units still worked, tested on KATO straight sections, a combination of...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top