Ceresco2063
New Member
I have over 190feet of KATO track laid already, not secured yet, but formed for layout main line outer loops. Passing lanes, station turnouts, freight yard, and maintenance yard, all done and all having rough joints to dremel. Inner spaghetti loops to come.
Issue is there seems to be a lot of height issues between the sections of track and require some work to get the rough out. I dremel each joint and I still get skipping here and there as wheels bounce over the joint. I have 1 #6 turnout that no matter what I did I get a derail at the throw rail itself, that turnout now relegated to a branch somewhere where there will be little traffic. Out of 25 turnouts, many needed a little tweeking to keep derails down and all appear to be an issue with the switch rail itself or a frog.
Is this norm anymore, never had this frustration with my old MiniTrix/Atlas rail.
Issue is there seems to be a lot of height issues between the sections of track and require some work to get the rough out. I dremel each joint and I still get skipping here and there as wheels bounce over the joint. I have 1 #6 turnout that no matter what I did I get a derail at the throw rail itself, that turnout now relegated to a branch somewhere where there will be little traffic. Out of 25 turnouts, many needed a little tweeking to keep derails down and all appear to be an issue with the switch rail itself or a frog.
Is this norm anymore, never had this frustration with my old MiniTrix/Atlas rail.
