Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. LIRR Guy

    Coupler questions...urgent

    This is probably what you are looking for, they convert the hook-horn style of coupler to kadee's. http://kadee.com/htmbord/page212.htm. Here is a video that will explain the conversion. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nYPIYA_m1M Hopethis helps you.
  2. LIRR Guy

    How to de-power

    Thank you all for the replies, time to start disassembling!
  3. LIRR Guy

    How to de-power

    I know this might sound silly, but i would like to turn a couple of my old HO scale locomotives into dummys. Has anyone done this or have any tips on how to do it. I have some old proto FA2's, and a couple of old athearn GP38-2s that i might try it on.
  4. LIRR Guy

    Best place online to buy floquil paint.

    Thanks for the replies. I actually found a place online after i posted, and contacted them because they are only a few minutes away from me. They have no storefront location, but the guy i spoke to said to put a list together and i could pick up the order in person, saving me the shipping. :) I...
  5. LIRR Guy

    Best place online to buy floquil paint.

    I'm planning to start painting my own stuff again, and was wondering who you have bought paint from. I'm all about supporting local hobby shops, but there is no one local with a decent selection. I have used floquil cans previously, but i like the airbrushed results better. Who have you bought...
  6. LIRR Guy

    Atlas true track question

    Did a search and really didn't find much, so figured i'd ask. I would like to bulid my first layout and saw this for 4x8. https://secure.atlasrr.com/mod1/customkititems.asp?kc=K10040%2DTT&eq= Figured it would be a decent start, and i wouldn't have to cut cork roadbed. Has anyone bought one...
  7. LIRR Guy

    New Guy from Long Island

    Thanks so much for the nice welcome! Glad to be able to communicate with people from everywhere. Especially nice to see some members that are local.
  8. LIRR Guy

    New Guy from Long Island

    Hello everybody! Great site, Just started getting back into the hobby after a long absence. While going through my old stuff i just didn't realize how many projects are still left to finish. Crazy thing is i'm already planning some new ones. The big reason i jumped back in is to build a father &...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top