ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Did a search and really didn't find much, so figured i'd ask. I would like to bulid my first layout and saw this for 4x8. https://secure.atlasrr.com/mod1/customkititems.asp?kc=K10040-TT&eq=
Figured it would be a decent start, and i wouldn't have to cut cork roadbed. Has anyone bought one of these packaged sets, and thoughts on true track in general. I just want something basic to start until i get more time to build some skills.
I have no experience with Atlas True Track, but I can tell you that cork roadbed comes in flexible strips just like flex track. It's pretty easy to work with, so don't let that aspect be a negative for you.
Also, that link didn't work for me. Could be the airport wireless I'm using. I assume this is what you're after?
From what I've been told about those styles of track system they work fairly well but are obviously limited in design. Not bad for a first layout, but be prepared to use something different if you want to do much free-form and expansion.
________ Lovely Wendie99
Using Flextrack is actually very easy to work with. And you can form it to any curve radius you want. If you're just starting out, might as well just go with flextrack.