Best place online to buy floquil paint.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


LIRR Guy

New Member
I'm planning to start painting my own stuff again, and was wondering who you have bought paint from. I'm all about supporting local hobby shops, but there is no one local with a decent selection. I have used floquil cans previously, but i like the airbrushed results better. Who have you bought from, and are happy with?
 
I still use Floquil, but I buy from my local shop. Most people use Acrylics now, I still like a solvent base to work with. The old Floquil's were wayyyy better, they were laquer base (used to dry real fast) but then they switched to Enamel.
I know a guy that only will use Scale Coat Paints and nothing else.

It's hard to order anything without seeing it unless you know exactly what color you want .
Check Model Railroader and Craftsman magazines for places to buy and go online.
 
Floquil is a solvent based paint. Legally, it is not to be mailed through the postal service although some people do it anyway.
 


Lets just say that I've ordered paint before from a few different vendors and they all shipped it through the mail :rolleyes:
 
Thanks for the replies. I actually found a place online after i posted, and contacted them because they are only a few minutes away from me. They have no storefront location, but the guy i spoke to said to put a list together and i could pick up the order in person, saving me the shipping. :) I also prefer the solvent based paints as well, guess i'm just an old school guy. Thanks again.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top