ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
B
I like the lighting effects.
Looks like a real outdoor scene. What lighting are you using if I may ask?
-
B
On many diesel locomotives, There is the peice that looks like the springs and brake assembly which is snapped onto the sides of the wheel trucks. If you CAREFULLY pull them off with a small screwdriver, you can get to the wheels for cleaning. Take gentle care of the pins that snap it in...
-
B
I agree. Pay Pal is a pain pal. I did get the Pay Pay credit card. (had to) It seems that Ebay isn't accepted by many bank issued cards. I use Ebay for the "can't find anywhere else items"
-
B
Nice collection!
Please pass the Fairbanks-Morse please? :-)
-
B
Holy Cow, You can put your layout in a suitcase and take it on vacation with you if you wanted.
-
B
Can't hurt to add music.
Alot of times I'll play 60's and 70's era music that matches my layout's era.
-
B
Creating an illusion helps
I have a 4x8 layout for starters. When I designed it, I wanted to create the illusion that it looked alot bigger through some structural "tricks" I added tunnels at the curves which hides the tight turning radiuses. making it seem bigger than it is. Also I...
-
B
Spending alot of money on the hobby you love?....Priceless
I'm actually afraid to tally it all up. I've only been back a year and already it's over a thousand I guess. Money well spent though and my only regret is that I couldn't spend more! ... Sam
-
B
I travel through North Jersey quite a bit. Through Newark. It may do your heart good to know that I've seen many Chicago & Northwest Geeps still working hard up there.
-
B
Having the B&O freight line less than a football field away made it easy for me.
But I can understand if people aren't sure which line to model. Especially if you didn't have a railroad all that near.
-
B
Kyle, It took me 6 months to figure out my track layout and I'm sure that was minimal compared to others. I went through a million rail joiners. My 4x8 layout is all but finished and now I'm dreaming up my next "bigger" project. You can do an awful lot with N guage. Beauty of this...
-
B
I'm just getting started here and it seems like alot of fun and good information. Bear with me as I try to get the hang of this.
I've dabbled with the hobby in the past but now I'm totally hooked.
I'm doing HO scale and like the name suggests I'm a big fan of the B&O.
Specifically, 1960's...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)