ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
Is it possible to flip the programming of FOF and FOR so that FOR would could work when not in reverse? I guess I wouldn't mind too much not having a rear headlight.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Hello,
So I'm kinda stumped on this. As I had posted on my other thread I bought a Digitrax DH165AO to drop into my old Athearn Genesis SD75M in place of the stock DC light board. I tested it before hand and noticed about half the lights were dead, so I decided to wire in some LEDs while I had...
-
As least the rains don't bring the threat of Tornadoes out there hahaha, that has been something new for me to adjust to here in KC. Though storm sirens just give me another excuse work on the layout in the basement :)
-
I just wish I could get the lights on my SD75m to work, they will all work individually but more than one light won't work at once.... Can't seem to figure it out. I added a DH165AO to replace the DC only board and can only get the drive to work.... This is where my ignorance with DCC and wiring...
-
So I have now upgraded both my Locos to DCC in preparation of getting the track work underway. Got my Zephyr extra in the mail last week, and picked up the two decoders locally. Wanted to make sure I had them working to validate my track work as I go.
Here is my SD60M after the decoder install...
-
Well, here are the tables all set up and ready to get going...
Also picked up and airbrush to try my hand at weathering with paint. Tried to add some soot to the top of this SD75m, and this side came out looking good. But made quite the mistake in the other side..... Still thinking how I'm...
-
Thanks for the Input everyone. I probably wont get around to posting for a little while, got some family in town for the next week or so. Maybe I will work on nailing down a layout starting point finally ha. having some benchwork up and being able to visually see what I was planning has been a...
-
Do you also use roadbed on top of the foam? I am thinking for the yard at least this may not be necessary? I purchased some of the woodland scenics foam roadbed and I figured it might be easier to work with if I did go with a foam base.
-
Indeed, Just ordered myself a Digitrax Zephyr Xtra from Micro-Mark which cost me just under $180 shipped. I would have preferred to buy it at the local hobby shop, but I couldn't justify the $60 price difference before shipping is included. I also have some Atlas Code 83 track on hand to get...
-
Well 3 of the four sections I planned on to this point are up, leveled off and attached.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
I'm not focused on the original owner part as much as I am the part that states the warranty is only valid if purchased through Digitrax Retail Dealer which the eBay seller is not.
There are a couple other places out there you can pick one of these up for a few dollars more and have the...
-
I was thinking I was going to do the same thing by picking up a Zephyr Xtra, but one thing that made me hesitate a little on buying from eBay is the Digitrax warranty. "All warranties on Digitrax products apply to the initial retail purchaser for one year from the date of purchase from a...
-
First "module" down and out of the way. Note to self don't bother letting Home Depot cut wood for you...o well made it work.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Wood cut and ready to get started
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
About to head out to the hardware store to pick up some materials and get this benchwork going. since I haven't decided between a closed loop or a "out and back" I'm going to put together an L shape for now and try to get the yard laid out.
Anyway, got a little bold the last couple days and...
-
Anyone have any insight on modeling a brewery and considerations for the types of cars that service that and amount of space I would need?
-
Looking Good! I think its awesome to model the "T" I personally would never have thought of it
-
I think that is actually the MBTA's (Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority) standard scheme. At least every time I have been on the "T" that is what I have noticed.
-
One last post about weathering progress on the handful of cars I have so far.
Two blue box ACF Centerflows
Second Centerflow, on this one I'm not sure how I feel about the spill stains, but it's powder so I'll leave it for now ha
A box car I purchased and added graffiti to.
A blue box...
-
Still going back and forth with a closed layout with a main that circles around like what was mentioned previously, and what I posted previously. I think I should try to come up with at least a couple industries I can put around the layout before getting much further. I'm thinking something like...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)