Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. Y

    Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

    Just dropping by for some coffee while the thunder bumpers go off outside. Around here real rain is plenty scarce. Been going for an hour now, hoping it keeps up 'till morning.
  2. Y

    Semi-Newbie Here

    That's the most important thing right there. As long as your happy, it doesn't matter a hill of beans if anyone else likes it (except maybe the spouse)
  3. Y

    "NEW" Digitrax PR3

    It uses Loconet to talk, so I would imagine Digitrax is the only thing it works on, but I'm not a dcc guru either.
  4. Y

    building pictures

    The garage would be a fun one to model, particularly if the scene includes a rural route. A lot of neat buildings fell into disrepair when the highway system bypassed entire towns.
  5. Y

    Building a 1 Inch Table Saw

    As my kids would say "SWEET!" Very professional looking job, cudo's!
  6. Y

    A mathmagician I am not

    Correct. I usually convert the real feet to inches and then do the calculation, since often you don't get an even foot, but with a map that's pretty darn hard to do, and maps are close but not 100% accurate on distance anyway.
  7. Y

    A mathmagician I am not

    Find the real feet (2.5" =337') so if it's 5", 674feet/160 = 4.025 feet
  8. Y

    A mathmagician I am not

    Find the feet using the map, then convert to n scale, ( divide by 160 ) or use the calculator at html://www.mrrservice.com
  9. Y

    Champ Decal or other: Need Help Looking for...

    I'm not even going to go there. :D
  10. Y

    Vb Dcc

    Have you considered JMRI? It's java based, and quite expandable, that would form a foundation with which to build off of. If you use stationary decoders for your switching, it will control that as well without the need for microcontrollers.
  11. Y

    Painting Rails

    That has to be the slickest thing I've seen all week. Thanks!
  12. Y

    This puzzles me

    Notice that the spikes on all the rails aren't rusty either?
  13. Y

    Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

    Jeffrey, I feel your pain. When I was on a VFD, we had one truck which had a 1,000 gal tank, we'd top off before a call, then when we got where we were going, we'd be down to 4 or 5 hundred. Generally I drove the tender, and I'd always have to follow that one and drop a bag next to it right...
  14. Y

    Railroading in Finland * Lot´s of photos*

    Jim, they have it made, the engineer can stretch his arms out... :D J/K of course.
  15. Y

    Interesting idea for a Computer program?

    Just an update, the URL is changed, I've merged the inventory management into and industry component. New URL is http://www.m-l-z.com/mrrs (the old url has a pointer on it to the new one.)
  16. Y

    Interesting idea for a Computer program?

    I have a rough version up at http://m-l-z.com/rrmaint/
  17. Y

    Interesting idea for a Computer program?

    I should have a PHP script to look at tomorrow night, if anyone is interested.
  18. Y

    Interesting idea for a Computer program?

    Hmm, I don't do VB, however I could whip up a web based solution which would e-mail you a notice. Probably take a day to write, and be usable from any internet connected pc.
  19. Y

    Track Plan. Essex Montana

    If I was going to be in that part of the state anytime soon, I'd shoot you some pics (I'm always looking for an excuse). I'm trying to wrangle some picks of the yard in Great Falls. Going through channels is certainly a test of patience.
  20. Y

    Need Advice on HO buildings

    Hehehe, Mikey, I printed that out and stuck it to the wall... :D




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top