Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. Diesel-Electric

    Hurricane Sandy

    My prayers and well wishes to everyone affected.
  2. Diesel-Electric

    Best peco track prices online?

    Hello there, N scale right? Check these two: http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/N-Scale-Track-Roadbed-Accessories-s/1446.htm?searching=Y&sort=3&cat=1446&show=30&page=1&brand=Peco http://www.billstrains.com/home.php?cat=350 Hope that helps! Regards.
  3. Diesel-Electric

    What's the story on track being unavailable?

    Hello there, In case You haven't got some code 83 flex track yet. I just purchased some Peco code 83 flex track from Bill's trains and track. There is a good amount in stock too: http://www.billstrains.com/product.php?productid=16182 Check it out! I must say I've noticed that...
  4. Diesel-Electric

    Code 100 Steel Track vs Nickel Silver

    Hello there, I agree with Selector, until a last year or so, I was using only, steel track (LL Powerloc). When I decided to get NS tracks, I noticed a big difference! Not only are they easier to maintain, the trains that run on them also perform much better. The additional cost is...
  5. Diesel-Electric

    Code 83 track compatibility

    Hello there! Thanks for the information people. bnsf971, thanks, I'll be using a road bed then! Thank you Selector for the info on the Peco turn out.
  6. Diesel-Electric

    Code 83 track compatibility

    Nailing down track directly to wood? And another Peco code 83 track question....... Hello there, Since this is still relating to track in general, I thought rather not start a new thread. But first an update: I had to pull dismantle my first ever (4'4''x 6') layout due to space needed for...
  7. Diesel-Electric

    Code 83 track compatibility

    Hello there! notabob said: Yes, in my track plan, the flex tracks will be all on straight sections, some will have a very slight curve just to align up. On my sharper curves I'll be using the Atlas 24" sectional track I have. I've heard this been said elsewhere about using flex track...
  8. Diesel-Electric

    Code 83 track compatibility

    Hello there! Thank for the input people. Based especially on notabob's post and looking around the web for further info and 2nd opinions, I finally decided to get Peco code 83 (N American style) flex track and Atlas rail joiners to go with it. Also, this is the first time I'm gonna work...
  9. Diesel-Electric

    Code 83 track compatibility

    Hello People, I'm kinda stuck at the moment, if to buy some code 83 ME flex track or Peco North American flex track. All my current track is Atlas code 83 sectional track, which one is more compatible with Atlas track? ME or Peco? Also, if You recommend a one or the other to work with...
  10. Diesel-Electric

    A lesson about what model railroading is...

    In my experience in model railroading, I can say these: >More expensive does not always mean better! I really feel paying more than USD 150 for a locomotive or USD 30 for a freight car is a bit too much. Most Youtube videos which show negetive reviews and or complaints on model locomotives are...
  11. Diesel-Electric

    What's on your layout..

    I voted USA. I model a generic American mid-eastern branch line. (CSX and Norfolk Southern). I always did like American freight trains due to the variety of freight cars used, and have a great liking of the EMD GP series locomotives (especially the 15, 38, 39 and 40). I think the NRE...
  12. Diesel-Electric

    Another WTH Ebay Moment

    Well, Ladies and Gentlemen.....check this out, Today just surfing thru Ebay for some good deals and came across this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MODEL-POWER-HOBBY-TRANSFORMER-POWER-PACK-MODEL-RL-1250-MODEL-TRAIN-RAILROAD-/280837348190?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item416335db5e#ht_1197wt_952...
  13. Diesel-Electric

    Another WTH Ebay Moment

    Espeefan said: I agree, but I suppose Ebay, like tootnkumin said it should just say New, unused and opened up for description and that's sensible. Not New, unused, UNOPENED.......and in the picture.......it is opened. That said: I remember a fellow model railroader purchase a locomotive from...
  14. Diesel-Electric

    Another WTH Ebay Moment

    Just a thought about Ebay..... My favorite funny thing on Ebay when it comes to especially model locomotives and cars is that the item is listed as : New, Unused, UNOPENED etc etc..... And the thing is out of the box, protective plastic and or foam all removed and sitting right on top of the...
  15. Diesel-Electric

    Do Norfolk Southern or CSX run their NRE Gensets singly?

    Hello there! Thanks for the info Motley! And thanks cv_acr for those pictures. cv_acr, I'm being trying to find some pictures of NS and CSX NRE Genset pulling a train singly with no luck. Although found that California Northern RR does seem to use them a lot singly for their short trains. So...
  16. Diesel-Electric

    Do Norfolk Southern or CSX run their NRE Gensets singly?

    Hello there. For some reason I feel my question is odd, but.........:o I'm planning on purchasing another locomotive for my layout and my budget is enough to purchase one Atlas Trainman NRE Genset. I'm trying to be somewhat realistic in operation to the prototype, (I'm modeling a generic...
  17. Diesel-Electric

    DC operators

    I'm running DC and have no intention of upgrading to DCC. Main reason being cost. I have a 4'4''x6' HO scale layout. Single main line, currently work on scenery etc etc is on hold, but still run a train when I have time to. Power is either from a 15 year old Life-Like Power pack from a train...
  18. Diesel-Electric

    Driverless trains.........

    For some reason, I find this story depressing: http://ozhouse.org/2012/02/20/australian-firm-plans-network-of-driverless-freight-trains-job-wipeout/...
  19. Diesel-Electric

    Athearn's Latest Price Increases: Im out...

    Oh they already did! The next run of their RTR GP38-2 MSRP is $99.98 ($100). And don't seem to have any additional new features. Nice eh? Check it out: http://www.athearn.com/Search/Default.aspx?SearchTerm=GP38-2+RTR&CatID=THLD
  20. Diesel-Electric

    Experience with my very first Athearn locomotive.....

    Hello Guys! Sorry for replying late, was away from home. First thanks Cjcrescent, wow that sounds more like a overhaul than a tune up:)! I should mentioned that after running the locomotive for about 3 hours it has actually quieten down noticeably. Also low speed performance has improved too...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top